- GEAR. Beech, Mark // Sports Illustrated;12/04/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 23, following p36
Evaluates sports gear. Watch by Polar which checks your heart rate during exercise, predicts maximum oxygen consumption and calculates calories burned; Company called JustBalls.com which will engrave one's name on sports balls; Tennis racket called the Wilson Rollers 3.6.
- SPECIALTY RETAILERS DIVIDED ON FITNESS TRACKERS. Lunan, Charlie // SGB;Apr2014, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p11
The article focuses on whether independent specialty run, bike and outdoor retailers will sell fitness trackers which are becoming popular among consumers. It says that fitness bands allow users to achieve their physical fitness goals and record their activities with heart rate monitors,...
- Which Watch Works With Your Members? Florez, Gregory // Fitness Business Pro;Oct2004, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p38
Reports that monitoring heart rate is a valuable and simple way to measure progress, maintain motivation and provide feedback for health club members. Technological innovations of heart rate monitors; Result of a survey asking exercisers about what they liked and disliked about these devices;...
- Know your training heart-rate range. // Shape;Nov94, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p111
Presents a formula for calculating the heart-rate range suitable for training recommended by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). How to take the pulse rate; How to check the level of exertion.
- Knowledge is power. Teitler, Scott // Shape;Sep97, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p142
Discusses the importance of being knowledgeable about your level of fitness and heart rate as it relates to your age during training exercises. How to calculate your heart rate; Instructions on taking your pulse during exercise; Examples of over exertion during exercise; How to avoid over...
- Fine Tune Your Fitness. // American Fitness;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p12
Presents information on Mio sport, a heart-rate monitor worn on the wrist.
- DOUBLE TIME. Suqi, Rima // New York;1/12/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p41
Features the Armitron sports watches from Armitron.
- own goals. Slocock, Catherine // Leisure & Hospitality Business;3/7/2002, p29
Provides information on the Polar Own Zone physical fitness program in Germany, wherein participants wear heart rate monitors manufactured by Polar Heart Rate Monitors. Capabilities of the monitor; Benefits from the program; Details of its promotional tour in the United Kingdom.
- High-tech watches leap into future. Meadus, Amanda // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/8/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 26, p8
Reports on technological innovations in wristwatches. Swatch's wristwatch pager, Swatch the Beep; Seiko's pager watch, MessageWatch; Ability of Citizen's sports watch to download diving data into a computer; Popularity of functional watches.