Up to Speed
- Odds-On Favorites. Leand, Judy // SGB;Aug2005, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p32
Features several footwear for athletes. Sport Adrenaline men's athletic shoes from Sketchers; Premier Ultra DMX III running shoes from Reebok; 857 men's running shoes from New Balance; Footgear Sandal from Ecco.
- THE ATHLETIC SHOE TREE. Hersch, Hank // Sports Illustrated;10/22/92, Vol. 77 Issue 17, p10
Not even the most prescient ancient Egyptian wearing sandals made of plant fiber could have envisioned today's athletic footwear: Coming soon, shoes that emit a red light on impact. From 1868, when the flat-soled rubber-and-canvas shoe was introduced, to the early 1970s, the sneaker developed at...
- ATHLETIC BUZZ. Carofano, Jennifer // FN: Footwear News;7/26/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 29, p153
Presents updates on the athletic footwear industry in the U.S. as of July 26, 2004. Introduction of Etonic Custom Fit System running shoes from Etonic of Hillsborough, New Jersey; Debut of Complete Taranis shoe from Puma of Westford, Massachusetts; Collaboration of DC Shoe of Vista, California...
- A PERFECT FIT: THE TOP 12 Running Shoe Buying Tips. Paris, Scott A. // American Fitness;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p49
The article offers tips on buying running shoes. It suggests to buy two pairs of running shoes at a time and alternate their use on an every-other-day basis. It cites the importance of bringing socks when buying shoes for sizing purposes. It also mentions the need to look at the shape of the...
- The Chicer Sneaker. // O, The Oprah Magazine;May2006, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p289
The article recommends several brands of sneakers. It includes Converse, Tretorn and Adidas.
- When to put weary soles to rest. Temple, Ginny // Health (Time Inc. Health);Dec2005, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p57
The article presents information on when to replace athletic shoes. Replace shoes every 12 months if you walk 10 miles per week. If you walk 15 miles per week, replace shoes every 8 months. For 20 and 30 miles per week replace shoes every 6 and 4 months, respectively. Replace shoes immediately...
- WALKING SHOES: BLAND & BORING NO MORE. Cohen, Sharon; Doheny, Kathleen; Shea, Sarah Bowen // Shape;Sep2003, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p118
Presents information on a range of running shoes.
- cute, and you can run in them. Shea, Sarah Bowen // Shape;Aug2006, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p126
Several photographs of sportshoes are presented. One of the photographs depicts the "Saucony Grid Propel Plus" sport shoes. Another photograph features the Adidas a3 Flyride pair of sport shoes.
- Flashing Forward. Leand, Judy // SGB;Nov2006, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p16
The article looks at the Spring 2007 design and construction of performance running shoes. According to Geoff Shaffer, marketing director at Pearl Izumi, performance running shoes are sporting bolder colors than in seasons past. Construction methods are also undergoing changes, resulting in...