A New World
- Too much baby-boomer business is by the numbers. Harrington, Mike // CEE News;Sep2002, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p46
Comments on the treatment of baby boomers on statistics in the U.S. Views of British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli on statistics; Effect of the market condition on the economy; Obsession of corporations on revenue-producing properties.
- The baby boom turns 50. Russell, Cheryl // American Demographics;Dec95, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p22
Reports that, despite baby boom's 50th birthday celebration, boomers will account for a small share of the market for the next decade. Midlife crises; Midlife adventures; Midlife spenders; Reunions; Reference materials. INSETS: Boomers re-unite;Demogram.
- Online Poll. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);9/24/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p8
The article presents statistics on the results of a survey about what the U.S. leaders will do when retiring baby boomers try to threaten the country's economic stability.
- The view at 50. // U.S. News & World Report;2/19/96, Vol. 120 Issue 7, p22
Reports on findings of a poll taken of baby boomers born in 1946 by Dell Webb Corp. How the surveyed feel about politics, security, music, savings and their future; Table indicating the percentage of people who have saved certain amounts for their future.
- Boomers Living Contradictions? // Accounting Today;3/31/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 6, Special section p6
The article presents statistics on the living contradictions of baby boomers.
- Health Boost. Landi, Heather // Beverage World;6/15/2010, Vol. 129 Issue 6, p72
The article discusses the emergence of functional beverages containing ingredients that boost the immune system and support overall wellness. The increase in demand for functional beverages is attributed to the Baby Boomer population. The Probiotic smoothie beverage from Naked Juice contains...
- Iconix in Deal to Buy Danskin. Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/22/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 40, p3
This article reports that Iconix Brand Group Inc. has signed a deal to acquire the Danskin brand from Danskin Inc. The deal is expected to close in March 2007, and will be funded from Iconix's cash reserves. The Danskin brand--with product lines in activewear, legwear, dancewear, yoga apparel...
- The daydream generation. Carroll, Tim; Chen, Ingfei // Health (Time Inc. Health);Mar/Apr95, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p18
Presents a pie chart depicting the age at which Baby Boomers want to retire.
- Controlling China's baby boom. Richards, Lucinda // Contemporary Review;Jan1996, Vol. 268 Issue 1560, p5
Presents information on China's increasing population. Statistical information on population; Introduction of birth control; Turmoil caused in the country; Description of Child Policy; China's economic growth; Violence acted out on some pregnant women; Results of survey carried out on Chinese...