Portland Trail Blazers Owners, Arena Group Agree to Try to Sell Assets Jointly
- Allen Eyes Arena. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/9/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32565, p9
The article reports that Vulcan Inc., owner of the Portland Trail Blazers professional basketball team, has announced its intention to buy its arena in Orlando, Florida. The deal will bring the Blazers and the Rose Garden back into common ownership, as they were when the arena opened in 1995....
- Portland: The `mini-Disney' of basketball. Cooper, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;10/4/93, Vol. 123 Issue 40, p47
Features the basketball team Portland Trailblazers. Retention of rights to produce and sell advertisements to cable television and radio stations; Marketing strategy; Rank as a money making team in the National Basketball Association (NBA); Motivation for the team's market innovations; Comment...
- Portland Trail Blazers. Eggers, Kerry // Sporting News;11/4/96, Vol. 220 Issue 45, pS-19
Features the Portland Trail Blazers basketball team. Team's record for the 1995-1996 season; Strengths and weaknesses; Forecasts for the 1996-1997 season.
- Rift city. Eggers, Kerry // Sporting News;3/17/97, Vol. 221 Issue 11, p20
Features the Portland Trailblazers of the National Basketball Association. Bob Whitsitt as president; Profile of players; P.J. Carlesimo as team coach; Issues and problems about the team; Reasons for the unacceptance of Carlesimo by the team's fans.
- Trail Blazers. Eggers, Kerry // Sporting News;12/08/97, Vol. 221 Issue 48, p77
Presents a report on the National Basketball Association team, Portland Trailblazers. Team developments as of December 8, 1997; Includes poor performance of the team on their home court.
- Trail Blazers. Eggers, Kerry // Sporting News;12/22/97, Vol. 221 Issue 51, p86
Reports on the developments related to the National Basketball Association's Portland Trail Blazers for the week ending December 22, 1997. Includes Isaiah Rider's belief that his reputation would affect his chances of playing in the All-Star Game; Defensive capability of Rider.
- Portland Trail Blazers. Eggers, Kerry // Sporting News;05/18/98, Vol. 222 Issue 20, p21
Discusses some developments inside the Portland Trail Blazers basketball team during May 1998. Plans of Damon Stoudamire to sign a contract with the team; Plans to change the team's offense; Contract of player Arvydas Sabonis.
- A real downer. Taylor, Phil // Sports Illustrated;3/11/96, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p46
Reports on the misfortunes of the Portland Trail Blazers. Their losing record and potential for not making the National Basketball Association playoffs; Friction between players; Clifford Robinson's anger at fans; Point guard Rod Strickland's ongoing dispute with coach P.J. Carlesimo; Details...
- Uneasy in Portland. McCallum, Jack // Sports Illustrated;2/22/93, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p188
Discusses the publicity over alleged sexual misconduct of Portland Trail Blazers players and how it is affecting the Blazers' play. Incident involving three teenage girls in Salt Lake City, Utah; Fines and suspensions to rookies Dave Johnson and Tracy Murray; Reggie Smith and Jerome Kersey...