Municipals Firm as Treasuries Push Higher
- Municipals Fall for Third Straight Day As Heavy Calendar Drags Down Session. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;10/27/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32247, p2
Presents updates related to the bond market in the U.S. Decline in the value of tax-exempt bonds; Increase in yields for municipal bonds; Issuance of bond by the Regents of the University of California priced by Lehman Brothers Inc.
- Lehman to Launch Two Indexes to Follow 5-,10-Year Yields. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/27/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32680, p6
The article reports that Lehman Brothers will launch two new indexes on August 1, 2007 in order to follow the average yields on municipal bonds with five-year and 10-year maturities. Accordingly, the two indexes are designed to allow bond investors to enter into swaps and hedges that matches the...
- Intermediates, Long-Terms Get Boost From Treasuries' Swing Into Positive. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32054, p2
This article reports that the municipal bond market remained mixed yesterday, but intermediate and long term securities received a boost after treasuries swung into positive territory following an unexpected decline in a regional manufacturing report. The long-end of the government bond market...
- Rollover Season Will Be Down This Year, Lehman Reports. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/16/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32404, p7
The article reports on the status of the municipal bond coupon and redemption payment reinvestment in June, July and August 2006 in the U.S. According to a Lehman Brothers Inc. report, the coupon and reinvestment is expected to be subdued in 2006, which could impede the market's near-term...
- Munis Unchanged, Following Treasuries. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/15/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32467, p2
The article reports on the lack of change of municipal market, following the Treasury market, which rebounded from mild early losses that followed the release of higher-than-expected retail sales data in the U.S. Ethan Harris, chief U.S. economist at Lehman Brothers expects a cooling down in the...
- Muni Yields Rise 1-2 Basis Points As N.Y. Tobacco Opens for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31652, p2
This article presents information on performance of bond market on June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose one or two basis points while underwriters opened a retail order period on 2.2 billion dollars of New York State Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. asset-backed tobacco bonds. Government...
- Munis, Treasuries Show Little Response to Data. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/4/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32438, p2
The article discusses the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. on August 3, 2006. Both the municipal bonds and Treasuries showed little reaction to economic data. Investors are still waiting for clues as to whether the Federal Open Market Committee will adjust monetary policy...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p36
Provides statistics related to the bond market in the United States as of March 30, 2004. Municipal market data general obligation yields; Securities prices; Municipal bond prices; Short-term tax-exempt yields.
- Treasuries, Municipals End Down As October Starts With a Whimper. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31982, p2
Reports on the results of trading in the U.S. municipal bond market on October 1, 2004. Sales pressures which contributed to market losses; Yield on triple-A rated 10-year municipal bonds; Bond issues out for bidding; Sales of crossover and arbitrate accounts.