Municipals Firm as Treasuries Push Higher
- Municipals Fall for Third Straight Day As Heavy Calendar Drags Down Session. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;10/27/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32247, p2
Presents updates related to the bond market in the U.S. Decline in the value of tax-exempt bonds; Increase in yields for municipal bonds; Issuance of bond by the Regents of the University of California priced by Lehman Brothers Inc.
- Lehman to Launch Two Indexes to Follow 5-,10-Year Yields. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/27/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32680, p6
The article reports that Lehman Brothers will launch two new indexes on August 1, 2007 in order to follow the average yields on municipal bonds with five-year and 10-year maturities. Accordingly, the two indexes are designed to allow bond investors to enter into swaps and hedges that matches the...
- Intermediates, Long-Terms Get Boost From Treasuries' Swing Into Positive. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32054, p2
This article reports that the municipal bond market remained mixed yesterday, but intermediate and long term securities received a boost after treasuries swung into positive territory following an unexpected decline in a regional manufacturing report. The long-end of the government bond market...
- Rollover Season Will Be Down This Year, Lehman Reports. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/16/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32404, p7
The article reports on the status of the municipal bond coupon and redemption payment reinvestment in June, July and August 2006 in the U.S. According to a Lehman Brothers Inc. report, the coupon and reinvestment is expected to be subdued in 2006, which could impede the market's near-term...
- Munis Unchanged, Following Treasuries. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/15/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32467, p2
The article reports on the lack of change of municipal market, following the Treasury market, which rebounded from mild early losses that followed the release of higher-than-expected retail sales data in the U.S. Ethan Harris, chief U.S. economist at Lehman Brothers expects a cooling down in the...
- Munis Mixed While Treasuries Fall; N.Y. Agency Prices $350 Million Deal. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;2/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31571, p2
Focuses on the performance of municipal and treasury bonds in the U.S. bond market on February 10, 2003. Report by traders in the bond market regarding selective buying; Reasons for the lack of demand for municipal bonds; Bonds bought by retail investors.
- Bond Buyer Indexes Fall After Mixed Performance Last Week. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p39
The Bond Buyer, a periodical, yield indexes mostly fell in the week ending June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose up to two basis points on June 6 and two to five basis points on June 2. Treasury bonds' prices fell on June 2 when reports indicated that the May Institute for Supply Management...
- Munis, Treasuries Show Little Response to Data. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/4/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32438, p2
The article discusses the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. on August 3, 2006. Both the municipal bonds and Treasuries showed little reaction to economic data. Investors are still waiting for clues as to whether the Federal Open Market Committee will adjust monetary policy...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 29. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Presents a chart depicting the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States during the March 29, 2004 trading session.