PEACE OPERATIONS AS AN INSTRUMENT OF U.S. POLICY
- Final outcome. // Christian Century;6/28/2003, Vol. 120 Issue 13, p5
Examines the implications of renewed violence in the Middle East for the Arab-Israeli peace process. Instances of violence; Sequence of the road map to peace; Outlook for the effort.
- For the Sake of Zion. // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2011, Vol. 17 Issue 1/2, p260
The article calls for the support of the American Jews in the fight for peace in the Middle East particularly to the safety and welfare of the State of Israel. It reflects the years of death and destruction that have plagued the Land of Israel as well as condemns terrorism in the region. It...
- An Israeli Dove Mourns. Prince-Gibson, Eetta // Progressive;Dec2000, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p24
Comments on the proposed partition of the Greater Land of Israel/Palestine as a solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Social conditions of Palestinians; Why Israelis ignored the inciteful rhetoric; Significance of the Oslo Accord.
- "Seek Peace and Pursue It". Arieli, Shaul // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2006, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p82
The article presents an interview with Shaul Arieli, member of the board of the Council for Peace and Security and one of the initiators of the Geneva Initiative. When asked about his letter which is considered as one of the few initiatives in preventing the next war, he stresses that the letter...
- The Middle East: What Peace Might Look Like. Galtung, Johan // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2006, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p99
The article examines the peace process regarding the sixth Arab-Israeli conflict in the Middle East. Several proposals and resolutions have been made regarding the situation including the United Nation General Assembly Resolution 194 and Security Council Resolution 242 which demands for the...
- The International Community's Policy Options in the Middle East. G�rber, Andr� // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2007, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p49
The article focuses on the international Middle East policy options towards the political conflicts in the Middle East. The Arab-Israeli Madrid Peace Process was revived due to the increasing conflict between Israel and Palestine. These policy options aimed to create a Road Map for peace which...
- Views from the Far East on Middle East Peace. Nagaoka, Kansuke // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2007, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p64
The article presents a perspective on the role of Japan in solving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Japan has contributed to the Middle East peace process mainly through its economic contributions. Furthermore, the Japanese government has extended as much as $870 million to the Palestinian people.
- ISRAEL-PALESTINIANS. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);5/3/2010, Vol. 191 Issue 4843, p12
The article reports on the comment made by the Palestinian Authority (PA) on the impossibility of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to achieve progress in the negotiation process between Palestinians and Israelis. The commissioner for international relations Nabil Shaath said that the...
- AN INTERVIEW WITH Yossi Beilin. // Tikkun;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p70
Interviews Yossi Beilin, former chief negotiator for Israel in the Oslo Accords, on the Oslo peace process, Israeli-Palestine relations and Israeli political issues. Reason behind the failure of the Oslo process; Opinion on the refusal of Palestinians to accept an offer by Prime Minister Ehud...