Understanding Recent Crises in Emerging Markets
- IMF bailouts, contagion effects, and bank security returns. Lau, Sie Ting; McInish, Thomas H. // International Review of Financial Analysis;2003, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p3
The Asian financial crisis that started in mid-1997 led to the International Monetary Fund''s (IMF) bailout of three previously high growth economies: Thailand, Indonesia, and Korea. Using data for 114 large banks from 16 countries worldwide, we study the impact of the IMF bailout announcements...
- Outlook and Assumptions: Domestic Assumptions. // Vietnam Country Monitor;Jan2012, p3
The article offers outlook on the implications of disasters and crisis outside Vietnam on the economic growth of the country.
- Economic Overview. // Malta Country Review;2013, p55
The article presents an overview of economic development in Malta which is based on promotion of tourism and export-oriented manufacturing along with its strategy of dealing with financial crisis.
- Our economic development is endangered. Marcus, Morton // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/10/2011, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p11A
In this article, the author discusses the impact of financial distress to the economic development in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- America must join global trend, slash corporate tax rates. Ensign, John // Hill;11/18/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 126, p22
No abstract available.
- The role of financial development in economic growth: The experiences of Taiwan, Korea, and Japan. Liu, Wan-Chun; Hsu, Chen-Min // Journal of Asian Economics;Oct2006, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p667
Abstract: Since the financial crisis broke out in East Asia, the importance of financial development and stability had been noted. This paper tries to examine the relationship between financial development and the source of growth for three Asian economies, namely, Taiwan, Korea, and Japan....
- Slower growth in California: The role of manufacturing. Daly, Mary // FRBSF Economic Letter;11/27/98, Vol. 98 Issue 36, p1
Examines the reasons behind the decline in manufacturing growth in California. Impact of the Asian financial crisis; Weakening demand by East Asia for high technology products; Effects on California's manufacturing sector and payroll employment growth.
- Nothing Much To Like In This Economy. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;Dec2008, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p5
The article highlights the view of Business Monitor International on the economic and financial crisis in Ukraine, It mentions that banking sectors crisis in Ukraines will also affects other economies within the region. It explains that there are possible threats on the long-term stability in...
- Growth and Adjustment in East Asia and Latin America. De Gregorio, Jos�; Jong-Wha Lee // Economia;Fall2004, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p69
Assesses the evolution of growth in Latin America and the Caribbean in order to explain the poor performance of the regions relative to East Asia. Factors which have contributed to low growth performance in the regions; Adjustment process of East Asia and Latin America from currency crises;...