Hospital Case Continues
- Show me. Piotrowski, Julie // Modern Healthcare;4/28/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p18
Reports on the appeal made by Missouri Attorney General Jay Nixon in April 2003 to a judge's approval of plans of Saint Luke's Health System to build a hospital in Lee's Summit, Missouri. Comments from G. Richard Hastings, chief executive of Saint Luke's; Cost of the hospital construction plan;...
- Regional News: MIDWEST. // Modern Healthcare;11/28/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 48, p18
The article offers news briefs on the health care industry in midwestern region in the U.S. as of November 2005. Columbus' Children's Hospital is investing for the expansion of its facilities. Aurora Health Care formed a joint venture with the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and...
- Escondido Rezoning. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32322, p29
The article reports that the Escondido City Council has voted to rezone 35 acres in a business park to build a hospital. It will serves as replacement for the Palomar Medical Center in the city. It will be financed in part with the general obligation bond measure for about 496 million dollar...
- Aurora Health Care opens review. // Adweek Midwest Edition;09/01/97, Vol. 38 Issue 35, p6
Reveals that Aurora Health Care is conducting a review for its one million to three million dollars account.
- Audacious in Milwaukee. Scott, Lisa // Modern Healthcare;04/07/97, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p136
Presents information on Aurora Health Care company, in its severing of ties with PrimeCare Health Plan in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Information on G. Edwin Howe, president of Aurora; Details on the undertakings of Aurora; Financial information on Aurora; Reason for the split with PrimeCare;...
- Reinventing the hospital. // Architectural Record;Oct1985, Vol. 173 Issue 12, p121
The emergence of alternative systems for providing health care has prompted the invention of new settings and images for health care facilities. Four building studies: hospital as school; treatment center for minor emergencies; a clinic/doctors'office; and clinic/community center.
- Keeping fit. Gaskie, M. // Architectural Record;Apr1989, Vol. 177 Issue 4, p78
Presents Building Types Study 664: Hospitals. Features three medical facilities that represent some of the physical strategies hospitals are resorting to in their quest for economic viability. Boston's Brigham and Women's Hospital; Santa Monica Hospital; Brooklyn N.Y.'s Cumberland Neighborhood...
- Location, climate pose special challenges for hospital expansion. // Buildings;Nov95, Vol. 89 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the challenges faced by developers in the expansion and renovation of the Kodiak Island Hospital, Alaska. Facilities to be added to the hospital; Problem in the short construction time-frame and weather.
- Michigan Plans To Update Hospital Design. Emrich, Anne Bond // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/21/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 42, pB3
Reports on the hospital design bill in Michigan. Update of hospital design standards; Public health code of the state.