Toll Road Case's Next Step
- Justices consider state back-pay suit. Hoskins, Michael W. // Indiana Lawyer;9/14/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p17
The article reports on the move of the Indiana Supreme Court to heard the arguments of the case of Richmond State Hospital and Paula Brattain.
- RDA Withdrawal Syndrome. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/9/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33479, p7
The article reports on the move of Porter County of filing a new lawsuit with the Indiana Supreme Court after the state Court of Appeals denied their petition of withdrawing from the Northwest Indiana Regional Development Authority (RDA).
- COURT CALENDAR. // Indiana Lawyer;10/28/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p2
A calendar of court events from October 28 to November 9, 2009 is presented which includes Indiana Supreme Court and Indiana Court of Appeals.
- Indiana's Lake County Facing Legal Challenges on Taxes. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31895, p5
Reports on the schedule of the court hearing of two court cases challenging the tax bills at the Supreme Court and Indiana Tax Court in Lake County, Indiana. Argument for lowering tax bills; Date for oral arguments; Violation of constitutional provision by the state claimed by a group of taxpayers.
- SUPREME DISAPPOINTMENT. Stafford, Dave // Indiana Lawyer;6/22/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p1
The article discusses a court case wherein 31 property owners of Indianapolis filed a lawsuit against the city for sewer service Indiana. The judgment was the 6-3 ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court in favor of Indianapolis, a ruling that maintained a divided Indiana Supreme Court. The plaintiffs...
- COURT CALENDAR. // Indiana Lawyer;6/10/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p2
A calendar is presented which lists the schedule of hearing of cases in the Indiana Supreme Court and Court of Appeals in June 2009, including Robert E. Money v. State of Indiana at 9 a.m. and Suzanne Hamilton v. Richard W. Hamilton at 9:45 a.m. on June 11 in the Supreme Court, and Daniel Reed...
- Armour v. City of Indianapolis (11-161). // Federal Lawyer;May2012, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p70
The article discusses Indiana Supreme Court case Armour v. City of Indianapolis (11-161), in which it was determined that Indianapolis, Indiana do not violate the Equal Protection Clause of the U.S. constitution irrespective of disparity in tax obligations of identically situated taxpayers.
- Diversity test for corporations now settled. Maley, John // Indiana Lawyer;3/31/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p7
The article discusses a court case wherein the diversity jurisdiction test for corporations to maintain their headquarters are now settled and resolved by Indiana Supreme Court.
- Indiana Supreme Court hears challenge of toll road lease. Donhardt, Tracy // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/19/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p29
The article reports that the Indiana Supreme Court has heard oral arguments that challenge the lease of the Indiana Toll Road. The plaintiffs, comprising of seven citizens and the Citizens Action Coalition of Indiana, are appealing a St. Joseph Superior Court ruling that requires them to post a...