Arizona College District to Sell $54M for Capital Improvements
- Idaho's Top Court Says Judges Can't Order Taxes for School Funding. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31958, p5
Reports that the Idaho Supreme Court has overturned a state law that empowered judges to single-handedly raise taxes to fund school improvements. Lawsuit over school funding; School bond sales; Response of lawmakers to the 2003 law that the Supreme Court rejected.
- Low-Performing Schools Lack Help, Study Says. Olson, Lynn // Education Week;02/14/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p28
Highlights results of the 'First Annual School Improvement Report: Executive Order on Actions To Turn Around Low-Performing Schools,' completed during the waning days of the administration of United States President Bill Clinton. Underscoring of the need to increase federal funding to help such...
- Kansas City, Kan., to Hold First School Bond Vote Since '70. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;01/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p4
Reports the opportunity of voters to vote in the public school bond referendum in Kansas City, Kansas. Allocation of the money; Support of community members for school improvement; Provision of educational environment suitable for student success.
- Connecticut Community College Deal Likely to Be Revisited This Month. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;4/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31854, p34
Reports on the proposed bond deal for the construction of a community college in Waterbury, Connecticut. Delays in the project resulting from concerns about bids awarded to contractors under federal scrutiny.
- DCC next phase of energy conservation. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/12/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p36
Reports on the energy conservation program of the Dutchess Community College in Poughkeepsie, New York. Energy use of the air conditioning technology of the college; Benefit of the program for the college; Contract between the college and Johnson Controls.
- Oakland Voters Give Brown Broader Say Over Schools. Gewertz, Catherine // Education Week;03/15/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p10
Deals with the efforts of Jerry Brown, mayor of Oakland, California to enhance his influence over school district policy. Five main goals of Brown for the improvement of schools; Amount of bonds allocated for school improvements; Public opinion on Brown's policies.
- Audit Commission's Gonski landmines. Ashenden, Dean // Eureka Street;5/9/2014, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p15
The article discusses the issue over school funding in Australia which must be addressed by the Commission of Audit. The Commission finds that present school funding arrangements waste time and resources, and frustrate efforts at educational improvement. The country finds difficulty in getting...
- Kentuckians Begin To Mobilize Support for New Reform Plans. Wilson, Richard // Education Week;11/7/1984, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p7
The article reports on the support of the Governor's Council on Educational Reform and Prichard Committee for Academic Excellence, to the new education-reform plans in Kentucky. Prichard Committee has raised more than 200,00 dollars in private contributions to finance its school-improvement...
- SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT. KELLEHER, MAUREEN // Education Week;8/10/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p5
The article discusses the report "Pre-K as a School Turnaround Strategy," by Pre-K Now, the advocacy group which calls for U.S. federal School Improvement Grants to include funding for comprehensive preschool through third grade "transformation" funding.