Moody's: Institutionals With Gulf Exposure Weathered the Storm
- SAVING & SPENDING. Whelan, Carolyn; Powe, Michael J.; Turner, Rob; Kirwan, Roberta; Pachetti, Nick; Feldman, Judy // Money;Oct2000, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p143
Provides several tips for saving money in the year 2000. Information on how to take advantage of the yields from money-market funds; Advice for people who live in coastal areas likely to be damaged by the hurricane season; Advice for home buyers concerning loan rates. INSETS: Real estate:...
- Tax-Frees Drop Down Six Basis Points to 1.86%. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;9/9/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32214, p7
Reports on the decline in the average yield of tax-free money market funds in the U.S. Responsibility of the heavy outflows from institutional investors to the decline in the funds' assets; Increase in taxable fund assets.
- Checking Funds' Ingredients. ROSENBERG, ROBERT // Treasury & Risk;Dec2010/Jan2011, p18
The article focuses on the significance of the Transparency Plus technology solution from Institutional Cash Distributors (ICD) and the Transparency Report of BNY Mellon available on the portal for institutional investors called Liquidity Direct to the money fund market in the U.S. Data on the...
- Tax-free Funds Escape Taxables' Big Puree. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;9/3/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31962, p6
Focuses on the net outflow of tax-free money market funds escaping the heavy outflows from institutional investors according to an iMoneyNet Inc. report. Increase in taxable fund yields; Assets in tax-free funds; Impact of increased interest rates.
- Institutional Redemptions Drive $2.85B Outflow. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;3/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32093, p6
This article reports that tax-free money market funds had a net outflow of $2.85 billion during the week ended as their total assets sank to $325.02 billion, iMoneyNet Inc. reported. The losses were largely driven by redemptions from institutional investors, who pulled a net $2.02 billion from...
- Money Funds Seen as 'Endangered Species.'. Morgan, John // Money Management Executive;2/23/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p1
The article focuses on money market funds in the U.S. Investment Co. Institute (ICI) Chairman John Murphy expresses his concern regarding money market funds representing 40 percent of the mutual fund industry. It talks about the usefulness of these funds for institutional investors and...
- Flat Looking Up For Money Funds. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Money Management Executive;8/6/2012, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p1
The article presents information on a report from the U.S. Investment Company Institute which shows that the nation's money market mutual funds have declined to 851.3 billion U.S. dollars in 2011. It reflects that debacle of mutual funds markets is mainly due to adopting of bad investment...
- A price to pay for new SEC rule. Modjeski, Pauline // Pensions & Investments;7/12/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p14
The article presents the author's views on the effectiveness of amendments made to the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission's Rule 2a-7 for money-market fund management. The author thinks that the changes may not ensure the security and transparency of the liquidity segment for money-market...
- Tax-Free Yield Drop 2 Basis Points. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31747, p29
Reports on the decrease of the tax-free money market funds' average annualized yields in the U.S.