Illinois Republicans Blast Blagojevich Over Book-Runner Pick
- Sen. Burris closes door on running. Rushing, J. Taylor // Hill;9/10/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 100, p13
The article reports on the decision of Senator Roland Burris not to seek another senatorial race in the next election and denied any impropriety in his appointment made by former Governor Rod Blagojevich in Illinois.
- Quote of the Week. // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);12/19/2011 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 158 Issue 25, p8
The article presents a quote from former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich who will be spending 14 years in prison on corruption charges.
- In Rod we trust -- Illinois governor saves the day. Mills, Jim // Hill;12/17/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 134, p30
The author reflects on the issues concerning Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich.
- St. Goldman. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;6/12/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p2
The article reports that Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich's proposal to increase school funding by selling or leasing the Illinois Lottery has invited criticism. The Illinois Lottery and Goldman Sachs Group Inc., are comfortably placed to net an eight-figure windfall thanks to this decision....
- Blago Talks! (And Talks...). Poniewozik, James // Time;2/9/2009, Vol. 173 Issue 5, p20
The article offers observations about Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich's personality and his public comments about his motives in the selection process to fill the Senate position left when U. S. President Barack Obama was elected to office. The author compares Blagojevich to a contestant for...
- Gov. Blagoj -- oops -- Quinn hands down decisions. Wheeler, Charles N. // Illinois Issues;Sep2012, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p37
The article offers information related to Pat Quinn, American politician and current governor of Illinois. It presents the brief sample of the actions taken by him to smack of former governor Rod Blagojevich which includes using of his amendatory veto power to allow the Illinois ammunition...
- Gov's plan for roads, schools mired in state politics. // Roads & Bridges;Feb2006, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the plan unveiled by Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich on January 10, 2006, to improve roads, schools and mass transits. Accusation of Republican lawmakers against the governor; Funds to be used for the projects; Benefits of the projects to the people of Illinois.
- Career Paths: How They Got Where They Are. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);May99, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p13
Profiles two members of the United States Congress. Barbara Cubin, a Wyoming Republican; Rod Blagojevich, an Illinois Democrat.
- Obama gives up Senate seat. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/17/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p14
The article reports that U.S. President-elect Barack Obama has officially resigned his seat in the U.S. Senate, setting in motion a replacement process whose lines are unclear. The choice of who will fill the remaining two years of Obama's term now goes to Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich....