Commission Taps New Deputy General Counsel
- Online at www.fei.org. // Financial Executive;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p56
This article focuses on information available on the web site of the Financial Executives International (FEI), as of September 1999. One can read the transcript or listen to the audio of telediscussion on the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission's Staff Accounting Bulletin # 99 on Materiality....
- SEC hires new deputy general counsel. // Accounting Today;7/10/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p4
Announces the appointment of securities lawyer Andrew N. Vollmer as deputy general counsel of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Professional background of Vollmer; Duties of Vollmer; Appointees to other positions in the commission.
- Financial Expert on Board Now SEC Rule. // American Banker;1/16/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 11, p18
Reports that the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has approved rules that require companies to say whether their directors include a financial expert. Explains that the SEC provided a definition of a financial expert; Focuses on the role of the financial expert as outlined by the...
- James W. Barge. // Financial Executive;Oct2006, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p68
The article focuses on a profile of James W. Barge, Senior Vice President & Controller at Time Warner, Inc. It comments on Barge's career, which included working for Ernst & Young, International Exchange Program and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Professional Accounting Fellowship...
- John Nester Named Director of Public Affairs. // ComplyNet;Feb2006, p1
The article reports on the appointment of John Nester as director of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) Office of Public Affairs. He joined the department in June 2002 as Media Director and Public Affairs Specialist and was integral to communications efforts during...
- SEC Names Roeser Associate Director of the Office of Market Supervision. D'antona Jr., John // Tradersmagazine.com;6/30/2015, p1
The Securities and Exchange Commission announced that it has named John Roeser as Associate Director and deputy head of the Office of Market Supervision in its Division of Trading and Markets.
- Donaldson Set to Be Sworn in as SEC Chief. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/18/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31574, p6
Reports that William H. Donaldson is expected to be sworn in as the 27th chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in the week following February 18, 2003. Career background of Donaldson.
- NEW RULES FROM FEI ON INTERNAL CONTROLS REPORTING. // CPA Journal;Apr2000, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p10
Deals with the rules proposed by the Financial Executives Institute (FEI) that would require periodic management reports on internal accounting controls at public companies in the United States (US). Details on the proposal submitted to the US Securities and Exchange Commission; Proposed...
- SEC Names Risinger Acting Exec. Director. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/6/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32396, p7
The article reports on the appointment of Jeffrey Risinger as acting executive director of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on June 5, 2006. His responsibilities include administration, management, and budget of the commission. He replaces Jim McConnell, who retired from the...