Munis Little Changed; Treasuries Fade Late
- BlackRock: Why tapering won't cause bond armageddon. Jackson, Gary // Fundweb;6/21/2013, p9
The article reports that BlackRock Inc.'s chief investment strategist Russ Koesterich has reiterated that despite the implications of the U.S. Federal Reserve slowing its bond-buying program, bond prices will not fall substantially and does llook like advancing much further. The yield on a...
- Munis Weaken; Issuers Sell Roughly $900 Million in Major New Deals. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;2/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31816, p2
Reports on developments concerning municipal bonds in the U.S. as of February 6, 2004. Decline in Treasury securities; Federal Reserve Board governor Ben Bernanke's offering of an upbeat outlook on the economy and its ability to create jobs; Seattle Northwest Securities Corp.'s pricing for the...
- Bond firms stay on defensive as QE3 rejected. Ellul, Joanne // Money Marketing;9/1/2011, p2
The article reports on the move of bond managers to defend their positions after U.S. Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke decided against a third round of qualitative easing.
- Munis a Bit Weaker But Unfazed on Fed Day. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;5/23/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33917, p2
In this article, the author offers information on the status of the U.S. municipal bond market in the fourth week of May 2013. She mentions that the market has closed on a slightly lower note after an announcement made by Ben Bernanke, Chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve, regarding the...
- Munis Little Changed Following Bernanke Debut. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/16/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32321, p2
The article reports on the new U.S. Federal Reserve Board (FRB) chairman Ben S. Bernanke's debut congressional testimony. His speech to the U.S. House Financial Services Committee suggests FRB tightening of the government bond market. The New York State's traders comments on Bernanke's speech...
- Bond Buyer Indexes Fall After Mixed Performance Last Week. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p39
The Bond Buyer, a periodical, yield indexes mostly fell in the week ending June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose up to two basis points on June 6 and two to five basis points on June 2. Treasury bonds' prices fell on June 2 when reports indicated that the May Institute for Supply Management...
- Muni Prices Rise Slightly on Bond-Friendly Data. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/23/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32285, p2
The article reports on developments in the tax-exempt municipal bond market in the United States. The Treasuries increase due to reports of weaker-than-expected consumption growth and inflation. According to traders, prices increase and yields decline by two basis points and four basis points in...
- Govies rally, muni gains are modest; today's California sale draws interest. Monsaratt, Sean // Bond Buyer;02/23/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30834, p2
Reports on developments in the bond market of the United States on February 22, 2000. Increase in prices of government securities; Modest gains for municipal bonds amidst light trading activity; Strong issue pricing for bonds offered by different states.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;06/22/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30918, p28
Presents figures relating to the government bond market of the United States as of June 22, 2000. Inclusion of market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Prices of Treasury bills, notes and bonds; Municipal market data general obligation yields; One-year note index.