- Sanford Wins, Obama Loses. Roff, Peter // U.S. News Digital Weekly;5/10/2013, Vol. 5 Issue 19, p18
The author shares his thoughts on the re-election of former South Carolina governor Mark Sanford as a member of the U.S. Congress in 2013.
- Southern Trilogy. Beiler, David // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jun2003, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p16
Presents articles on how Republicans captured governorships in Georgia, South Carolina and Alabama. Sonny Perdue; Marshall Sanford; Don Siegelman.
- Nothing Could Be Finer... Goldstone, Mitch // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Sep2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the tension between South Carolina gubernatorial candidates Governor Jim Hodges (D) and former U.S. Representative Mark Sanford (R) in 2002 which stemmed from affiliations with political consultants and hiring of state party officials. Firm hired by Sanford for his campaign;...
- SOUTH CAROLINA: Sanford: I'm Sticking Around. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;8/27/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33174, p9
The article reports on the refusal of South Carolina governor Mark Sanford to resign from his office. The call for the governor's resignation was made by lieutenant governor Andre Bauer because of the Sanford's extramarital scandal. Bauer said that he will not run for governor in 2010 if Sanford...
- Ball-watchers focus on prior results. HILL, DAVID // Hill;11/4/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 130, p24
The article presents the author's opinions regarding the political analysts covering a wider field in the gubernatorial races in the U.S.
- Golden State Opportunity. Bethell, Tom // National Review;11/10/1989, Vol. 41 Issue 21, p34
Discusses California's upcoming gubernatorial election as a pivotal point in both state and national politics. Leading contenders; Key issues.
- Is this the best the GOP can come up with? ROBINSON, EUGENE // Moderate Voice;04/05/2013, p5
The article looks at the plot of the U.S. Republican Party (GOP) with its candidates and policy positions. It highlights the nomination of the party of former South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford, who made news in 2009 for cheating on his wife, in a special election in May 2013 to fill a vacant...
- Last of The True Believers? Romano, Andrew // Newsweek;5/4/2009, Vol. 153 Issue 18, p24
This article reports that Republican South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford has threatened to reject 25 percent of funds offered to the state through the economic stimulus package of U.S. President Barack Obama, approximately seven hundred million dollars, unless the state legislature agrees to...
- Poli-Takes: The Rattling of the Cages. CRASS, SCOTT // Moderate Voice;03/27/2013, p6
The article focuses on actress Ashley Judd who has rejected to participate in the Kentucky Senate elections. It states that Liberals are not happy with the decision of Judd whereas Democrats are happy. It further focuses on Tim Scott, new senate of Kentucky. It also informs about Mark Sanford, a...