Casinos Go High and Dry
- Gaming Looks Stable, But Risks Remain. K. K. // High Yield Report;3/7/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p2
The article discusses the outlook for the gaming industry, which has benefited from an improving economy and the increasing popularity of the Las Vegas strip, is stable, at best, according to recent reports by both Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp (S&P). That's because...
- NEVADA: Tourism, Gambling Stay Hot. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/4/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32786, p9
The article reports on the status of the tourism and gambling economy in Nevada. According to a report released by Standard & Poor's Corp., the state's tourism-and gambling-based economy has maintained its momentum, despite the cooling of its real estate market. The report also informs that the...
- Gaming Industry Looks Stable, But Some Risks Do Exist. // Bank Loan Report;3/14/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p9
Reports on the evaluation of the financial performance of the gambling industry in the U.S. by Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. Challenges faced by the industry on higher leverage, legislative issues and consolidation; Expectation by Standard & Poor's Corp. on the...
- Gaming Lessons. Becker, Bill // Travel Agent;9/15/2003, Vol. 314 Issue 1, p48
Focuses on the informal gaming classes offered by casinos in Las Vegas, Nevada. Sample of informal classes at Las Vegas casinos; List of casinos with sampling offers of informal classes; Contact information.
- Beyond the headlines, real LV story is complex. Schwartz, David // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/1/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 44, pP21
The author clarifies misconceptions regarding the gaming industry of Las Vegas, Nevada. He states that the beliefs that the gaming industry is centrally directed and controlled and that the industry is declining are both misconceptions. According to him, though there is a concentration of...
- Follow the Leader. Jalal, Kareem // International Gaming & Wagering;Jun2006, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p1
Focuses on the rise of casinos in Macau, China. Factors contributing to the growth of casino gambling in Macau; Increase of gambling revenues in the state in the first quarter of 2006; Development of more casinos in Macau. INSET: Regional contenders vie for Macau casino crown.
- Casinos. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);10/3/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p20
Presents the top casinos in Las Vegas, Nevada in terms of total square footage as of September 2005. Gold Strike Hotel and Gambling Hall; Alibi Casino; Dannys Slot Country.
- In praise of federalism. Schwartz, David // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2/19/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p8
The author reflects on the selection of Manchester, England as the location of a super casino. Residents of Blackpool were outraged that their town lost out to Manchester. The proposed super casino will have a maximum of 1,250 slots with unlimited payouts. The author believes that political...
- CHAPTER 8: TABLE GAMES. // Gaming & Wagering;2007, p85
Chapter 8 of the book "Gaming & Wagering" is presented. It focuses on the market performance of table gaming in the U.S. There is a total of 17,464 table games being operated by casinos in 27 states, including Nevada and California. Nevada dominated the list of states with most number of table...