Alabama's Republican Governor Bob Riley Easily Wins Nomination
- 'Decalogue' judge Moore loses Alabama primary. // Christian Century;6/27/2006, Vol. 123 Issue 13, p12
The article reports on the victory of incumbent Alabama governor Bob Riley against judge Roy Moore in the Republican gubernatorial primary held on June 6, 2006. For Riley, his victory represented electoral redemption almost 3 years after voters rejected his tax and accountability plan in a...
- Thou Shalt Run. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/6/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32233, p31
No abstract available.
- Riley Honored. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/13/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31761, p31
Reports on the selection of Alabama Governor Bob Riley as a Public Official of the Year for 2003. Criteria for the selection.
- 'Jesus tax' plan dies. Hansen, Collin // Christianity Today;Nov2003, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p25
Talks about the proposal of Alabama Governor Bob Riley to increase taxes in the state. Reaction of voters to the proposal; Type of economy to be faced by Christians according to a debate surrounding the vote; Effect of the proposal of Governor Riley on churches and Christian organizations. ...
- Keep What You've Got. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/20/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31766, p31
Reports on the formation of the Commission on Existing Industries by Governor Bob Riley in Alabama.
- Does Bible Demand Higher Taxes in Alabama? Moore, Stephen // Human Events;8/25/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 29, p7
Comments on the plan of Republican Alabama Governor Bob Riley to pass a tax increase in the state. Reason behind the plan; Influence of his religious affiliation on his decision; Questions raised concerning the credibility of his basis for an increase in payment rates.
- Without New Revenue, Legislature Lowers Aid. Robelen, Erik W. // Education Week;10/15/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p22
The article offers highlights of the recent legislative sessions in Alabama. Enrollment figures given in the article are based on fall 2002 data reported by state officials for pre-K-12th grade in public elementary and secondary schools. The figures for precollegiate education spending do not...
- Alabama Governor Signs Budget, Eyes Special Session for Schools. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32191, p4
Announces the approval of Alabama Governor Bob Riley of the 2006 state general fund budget. Plan of Riley to consider a special session to ask legislators to approve a bond bill for school construction and to consider measures to relieve prison overcrowding in the state; Allocation of budget for...
- Stadium Shorted. Sigo, Selly // Bond Buyer;1/13/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32049, p27
The article reports that Alabama Governor Bob Riley has said that the state could not afford the US$75 million of financial help to fund construction of a US$498 million stadium and entertainment complex in Jefferson County, Alabama.