Nevada Assemblyman, Boulder City Push for Tolls
- State approves trial public-private transportation project. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);5/26/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 21, Special section p10
The article reports on the decision of the Nevada Transportation Board to approve the state's first public-private road project in Las Vegas. A public-private partnership will be created by the Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) which will improve the capacity of Interstate-15 by...
- State pursues $1 billion in toll road lanes. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);3/2/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p20
The article reports on the Legislative permission being sought by the Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) to convert lanes along Interstate 15 and U.S. 95 in Las Vegas into toll lanes. Wilbur Smith and Associates was hired a technical advisors, while KPMG was chosen as financial...
- Leesburg, Va. // American City & County;Feb1994, Vol. 109 Issue 2, p22
Reports on the construction of the Dulles Greenway private toll road in Leesburg, Virginia.
- Toll Projects Move Forward. Hall, Terri // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);12/9/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p1
The article reports that the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) of Florida has planed for 37 toll projects, out of which 18 would come under foreign control.
- Minnesota to try toll loads. Schriener, Judy // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/18/95, Vol. 235 Issue 25, p21
Reports on the plan of Minnesota to commence toll road projects. Description of the four proposed projects; Submission of the project proposals to the public for approval prior to evaluation.
- What's in a name? // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/15/96, Vol. 236 Issue 2, p86
Editorial. Comments on the proposed President George Bush Turnpike in Dallas, Texas. Question on the use of George Bush's name; Creative funding of the project.
- San Joaquin Hills first sector opens. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/05/96, Vol. 237 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the opening of the first sector of the San Joaquin Hills Transportation Corridor in Southern California. Early opening as a result of financial incentives; Goal of distributing 6,000 transponders for automatic toll collection.
- Toll road needs work, report says. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;04/21/97, Vol. 238 Issue 16, p17
Reports on controversies concerning the electronic toll road in Toronto, Ontario. Safety recommendations from transportation engineers; Standardization issues.
- Can private tollways cure traffic jams? Darce, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2/17/97, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p1
Discusses the Louisiana Transportation Development & Finance Act, which would allow the construction of private tollways in the state. Vote to be made by the Chamber/New Orleans & the River Region; Efforts to prevent traffic congestion; Key provision of the legislation.