Nevada Assemblyman, Boulder City Push for Tolls
- State approves trial public-private transportation project. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);5/26/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 21, Special section p10
The article reports on the decision of the Nevada Transportation Board to approve the state's first public-private road project in Las Vegas. A public-private partnership will be created by the Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) which will improve the capacity of Interstate-15 by...
- State pursues $1 billion in toll road lanes. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);3/2/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p20
The article reports on the Legislative permission being sought by the Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) to convert lanes along Interstate 15 and U.S. 95 in Las Vegas into toll lanes. Wilbur Smith and Associates was hired a technical advisors, while KPMG was chosen as financial...
- Dems peer down toll hike road. Tita, Bob // Crain's Chicago Business;2/24/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p4
Focuses on the plans of U.S. Senators in Illinois to raise the price of travelling on the state's tollway. Purpose for which the additional money would be used; Possibility of opposition to the increase in toll charges.
- ...the 50-cent controversy. // Orange County Business Journal;11/11/96, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p23
Reports on the response of residents in Laguna Beach, Corona del Mar and Bonita Canyon, all in California, to the announcement that they will be required to pay 50 cents for the privilege of using the Newport Coast Drive, which has become part of the San Joaquin Hills Transportation Corridor. ...
- Venezuelans protest at tools. // International Construction;Jun97, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p81
Reports on Venezuelan companies' protest against a sharp increase in tolls on the highway to Caracas. Objection on the action of concession owner Asoven; Rise on the round-trip toll for private users.
- Toll tunnels. Pattison, Scott // Consumers' Research Magazine;Oct93, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p38
Looks at suggestions by Robert Poole and Yuzo Sugimoto of the Reason Foundation on a possible solution to traffic problems. Allowing private companies to build tunnels beneath clogged city roads; Plans for toll tunnels in major European cities; Details.
- CALIFORNIA: OCTA Talks. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;12/14/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31285, p33
Reports that Orange County, New York Transportation Authority has voted to begin negotiations to buy out owner of a private toll road that acts as a major transportation corridor linking Orange and Riverside counties. Owner of the private toll road; Efforts made by transportation planners for...
- Privatize highways. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/16/94, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p22
Cites the May 1994 issue of `Privatization' which reported on the idea of private toll roads worldwide. Germany, India, Poland and Vietnam are the latest additions to a group that exceeds 40 countries who opted to make use of the private sector to develop, own and operate highway infrastructure...
- Improving customer service the `E-Z' way on toll bridges. Mehran, Parviz // Roads & Bridges;Dec96, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p30
Focuses on the use of electronic toll systems to ease traffic congestion around New York City. Description of the situation at toll booths; Description of the E-ZPass system that was installed; Amount of traffic automated lanes can handle; Description of the task of installing the system. ...