House Committee OKs Budgets for Transportation, HUD, D.C
- Route 6 funds advance. Yurcan, Bryan F. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/26/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 48, p6
The article reports on the help extended by Rep. John Hall to secure $2 million in federal funding for the reconstruction of Route 6 in the town of Cortlandt, New York. The funding is included in the 2008 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development Appropriations bill passed by the House. Hall...
- District of Columbia's Fiscal 2005 Spending Bill Gets Congressional OK. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/8/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31986, p5
Reports on the final approval given by the U.S. Congress to the spending bill of the District of Columbia for the fiscal year that began on October 1, 2004. Implications of the spending bill for the District of Columbia; Anticipation for President George W. Bush to sign the spending bill into...
- Historical Sketch of the Budget Bill in Congress. Wallace Collins, Charles // Congressional Digest;Nov22, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p37
Discusses the history of the movement for a national budget system in the United States. First bills for the actual establishment of a national budget system; Introduction in the House of a bill providing for a national budget system; Changes in the Senate rules to conform to the budget system.
- There's Always Room for Pork. Freddoso, David // Human Events;12/15/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 43, p3
Presents a list of pork barrel projects contained in the U.S. omnibus spending bill passed by the U.S. Congress in December 2003. National Distance Running Hall of Fame in Utica, New York; Canal Museum in Easton, Pennsylvania; Kids Rock free educational program in Corona, California.
- House Continues Spending Bill Work. Baumann, David; Smallen, Jill; Mitchell, Charlie // National Journal;7/10/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 28, p2182
Presents an update on the status of fiscal 2005 appropriations bills in the U.S. Congress as of July 2004. Total number of bills approved in the Congress.
- House Sends Louisiana Housing Aid Bill to Senate. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/20/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32342, p40
The article reports that the U.S. House of Congress has approved a supplemental appropriations bill that will provide emergency funding for temporary rental housing and flood mitigation programs in Louisiana. The bill will provide $6.4 billion in emergency funding. The bill will now go to the...
- Stopgap Extends SAFETEA-LU Through Dec. 18. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/9/2009, Vol. 263 Issue 15, p49
The article reports on the extension of the highway and transit programs under the Safe Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act (SAFETEA-LU) through December 18, 2009. Included in the spending measure is the provision of full fiscal 2010 appropriations for U.S. Interior...
- $328-Billion Spending Bill Signed Well Into Fiscal 2004. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/2/2004, Vol. 252 Issue 5, p13
More than three months after the start of fiscal 2004, increased funds for several large federal construction programs will finally start flowing with enactment of a huge 2004 spending bill. The "omnibus" measure, signed on January 23, 2004 by U.S. President George W. Bush, provides $328 billion...
- House passes highway plan. // New Hampshire Business Review;3/28/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p28
The article reports that the U.S. House is sending the Senate a $2.3 billion dollar New Hampshire highway plan that cuts the current plan almost in half, but is built on shaky revenue forecasts. A House committee estimates that the pared down plan will fall short by $200 million. The plan...