Fla. County Sets Refunding to Satisfy IRS Rules
- Ending Farm Subsidies. Stokes, Bruce // National Journal;2/24/2007, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p41
The article focuses on proposals being discussed to buy out some claims of farmers on subsidies to further limit agricultural subsidies in the U.S. It mentions that U.S. firms stated that they could finance the buyouts by issuing bonds. It says that the government can initially limit a buyout to...
- Farmers and hunters should form bond. // Ontario Out of Doors;Aug2002, Vol. 34 Issue 7, ANGLER & HUNTER... p5
Discusses the advantages of forming a bond between farmers and hunters in Ontario. Relation between hunters and farmers in continuing hunting heritage; Permission of hunters to use the land of farmers; Protection on the crops of the farmers.
- The Farm Relief Problem--1929. // Congressional Digest;May29, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p129
Focuses on the 1929 farm relief program in the United States. Failure of various measures passed for the relief of farmers; Difference of opinion among public officials on the exact causes of the agricultural depression; Factors contributing to the failure of farm bills; Republican Party's...
- THE EXPORT DEBENTURE PLAN FOR AID TO AGRICULTURE. Davis, Joseph S. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Feb29, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p250
Describes the export debenture plan for aid to agriculture in the U.S. Hamilton's proposals fundamentally different; German experience affording no support for the debenture plan; Protective tariffs; Data showing that supporters of the debenture plan relying on superficial analogies.
- Ag banks snap up bonds in new-farmer programs. Lutton, Laura Pavlenko // American Banker;8/27/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 165, p6
Reports that agricultural banks in Iowa are buying up a record number of state revenue bonds to finance low-interest loans for beginning farmers. Participation of farmers in the state's Beginning Farmer Loan Program; Features of program that has counterparts in other states; Rules governing the...
- N.J. Attorney General Files Brief Opposing Request for Injunction. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;01/11/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31055, p36
Reports that Attorney General John Farmer Jr. has filed a brief opposing a request for an injunction to halt the issuance of funds supported by state money.
- THE CENTRAL BANK BUYING BINGE: WHY STOP NOW? // Global Finance;Oct2015, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p15
The article reports on purchasing of stocks and bonds by central banks including views of economics professor Roger Farmer on the trading of exchange-traded funds, rise in stock markets and rules of U.S Federal Reserve that prevents private individuals from making investments in public securities.
- 'Aggie' Bonds popular in struggle against farm credit banks. Lutton, Laura Pavlenko // American Banker;11/17/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 220, p6
Discusses the growth of a United States government bond program, wherein banks may buy tax-free agricultural bonds from their home states using loans to farmers with assets of less than $150,000 to supply the income stream for bond payments. Growth of the program; States where community banks'...
- AG STOCK INDEX. // Agri Marketing;May2004, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p6
Presents charts and graphs related to stock in agriculture in the U.S. as of May 2004.