UBS' Reorganization Takes Shape
- Musical Chairs at Muni Firms. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/15/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32629, p1
The article reports on the condition of municipal derivatives bankers in the municipal market in the U.S. for 2007. There has been more than a dozen high-profile municipal derivatives bankers who have either lost their jobs or been lured away by competing firms. According to sources, increased...
- Swap Termination Fees Continue To Bedevil MassPike's Finances. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;12/1/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33013, p6
The article focuses on the issue about the swap termination fee agreement in Massachusetts. It is said that Massachusetts Turnpike Authority is confused about the agreement as they need to pay $450 million in combined termination fees. The swaps agreement include five floating-to-fixed-rate...
- State Resolves Termination Event On Final MassPike Swap With UBS. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/22/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33204, p3
The article reports on the resolution of Massachusetts of a termination event on the final Massachusetts Turnpike Authority (MassPike) swap with UBS Securities LLC as counterparty. The author mentions that the agreement saves the state from a potential 71 million dollars in termination payment...
- MassPike Swap Payment a Looming Threat. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;1/14/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33041, p1
The article focuses on the move of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority to tackle its costly swap payment agreements in 2009. It states that a temporary general obligation has pledged and aimed at shoring up the rating on five UBS Securities LLC swaps. It adds that if the rating on the swaps is...
- New Deadline for Swap. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;9/14/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33182, p9
The article reports on the extension of the deadline to negotiate a settlement on a 207.6 million U.S. dollars swap agreement between UBS Securities LLC and the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority. It mentions that the state government of Massachusetts has until October 2, 2009 to reach a solution...
- Hedging Their Bets? // Securities Industry News;01/08/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p3
Presents data on over-the-counter derivatives for the week of January 8, 2001. Appeal of credit derivatives in terms of average weekly trade volume.
- Nybot Adapts to E-Order Routing. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;2/24/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the use of Electronic Order Routing (EOR) system from a derivative exchange of the U.S., New York Board of Trade (Nybot) for commodity contracts. Features of EOR; Success of Nybot in implementing of EOR systems.
- AN OVERVIEW OF DERIVATIVES LITIGATION, 1994 TO 2000. Finnerty, John D.; Brown, Mark S. // Fordham Journal of Corporate & Financial Law;2001, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p131
Provides an overview of federal derivatives lawsuits filed and regulatory enforcement actions taken in the U.S. before between 1994 and 2000. Primary purpose behind investing in derivative instruments; Specific cases that highlight some of the important issues pertaining to derivatives...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;7/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31192, p35
Presents data depicting derivatives and structured products in the United States as of July 31, 2001. Bond Market Association municipal swap index; Index-linked muni swaps; Swap rates versus bond yields.