Angelides Wins Primary In Calif. Governors Race
- California Looking to Keep $9B Recovery Bond Deal an Option. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/21/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31804, p3
Focuses on the issues discussed in the meeting between the financing team associated with fiscal recovery state bond issue and treasurer Phil Angelides in San Francisco, California. Alternative for the general obligation bond measure; Support on sales tax revenue; Passage of the bond issue.
- California treasurer promises early debt report. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30627, p4
Reports on California State Treasurer Phil Angelides' plan to release his office's debt-affordability report in May 1999 to help state legislators in evaluating bond requests. Background on Angelides' achievements during his first 100 days in office.
- California's Primary Objectives. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/5/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32395, p1
The article reports on the primary that will decide who between Democrats Phil Angelides and Steve Westly would be running for governor to challenge the incumbent, Arnold Schwarzenegger in California. The primary's limits and ambition have opened up four of the seven statewide elected offices. A...
- Angelides: Hold Off On New Bonding. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31640, p1
Treasurer of California, Phil Angelides told leaders of California that he opposes the sale of any new general obligation bond issues or state lease-revenue bonds beyond those already approved or on the 2004 ballot until a balanced budget is in place and there is a viable plan to fix structural...
- Investments in Power. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/5/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31755, p1
Reports on the proposal of treasurer Phil Angelides to increase investment in the state's electricity transmission grid in California. Construction of additional electrical grids; Issuance of revenue bonds for power projects; Response to the growing energy needs of the state.
- Angelides: Deficit Bonds A Bad Idea. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/7/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31757, p1
Reports on the warning of California treasurer Phil Angelides to governor-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger against a large-scale deficit bond issue. Opposition for a deficit borrowing plan; Challenges faced in the state's budget; Comment of Schwarzenegger on the issue.
- Stumping for $37B in GOs. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32423, p42
The article reports on the campaign for a 37 billion dollar in infrastructure bond measures that will be on the November 2006 ballot. The infrastructure investment plan in important to building California's future and ensuring the state can compete and succeed in the global economy. The bond...
- Fiscal Recovery Bonds? // Bond Buyer;8/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31705, p1
Focuses on plan of California Treasurer Phil Angelides, to sell $18 billion of debt which the state needs to issue over the next 10 months in order to keep its recently adopted budget balanced, as of August 25, 2003. Schedule for the sale of $11 billion of Fiscal Recovery Bonds; Anticipation by...
- Milk Clubs goes for Angelides. Brigham, Roger // Bay Area Reporter;4/27/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p4
The article reports that State Treasurer Phil Angelides has won Harvey Milk GLBT Democratic Club's endorsement for the gubernatorial election in San Francisco, California. For the statewide election, the club has also presented its list of endorsement for Jackie Speier as lieutenant governor and...