Buena Vista executive joins ABC
- Alternative view. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;05/18/98, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p1
Focuses on Michael Davies, an executive at the American Broadcasting Co. Hiis career pursuits; Description of Davies' programming philosophy; Details on his executive duties; Programming strategies Davies proposes to implement; How he plans to appeal to young television viewers.
- DAVIES PACTS WITH DISNEY, ABC. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;12/12/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 7, p321
Reports the contracts of television executive producer Michael Davies with Disney and ABC launching the media production company Diplomatic in Los Angeles, California. Terms of the deal; Number of episodes of the ESPN gameshow 'Two Minutes Drill' produced by Diplomatic; Retention of Davies as...
- Alphabet looks to Rome for inspiration. Fleming, Michael // Daily Variety;8/1/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 20, p2
Reports developments related to the motion picture industry in the U.S. as of August 2003. Creation of the 'Taranus,' a television series that chronicles the power struggle following the murder of Julius Caesar by American Broadcasting Co.; Overview of the series; Selection of Michael Davis to...
- LOWDOWN ON 'TOWN' Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;6/17/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 55, p6
The article reports that six summers after they reinvented the gameshow with "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire," American Broadcasting Co. and Michael Davies are reteaming for a new take on the comedy/variety skein. Production is set to begin in the very soon with an eye on an August or early...
- .. Mandese, J. // Advertising Age;9/9/91, Vol. 62 Issue 37, p2
Reports that ABC is reconsidering a proposal that would require advertisers to mediate their own false-ad claim disputes. The plan, disclosed as the network loosened other longstanding restrictions on competitive ad claims and endorsement, was immediately attacked by the ad industry. Why ABC is...
- Divide and conquer. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/18/93, Vol. 123 Issue 42, p61
Reports on ABC Entertainment's plan to launch hour drama television programs. Effort to combat the growing number of news magazine shows; Reason for the failure of previous anthologies.
- Harbert recounts ABC victory. S.C. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/17/95, Vol. 125 Issue 16, p18
Reports on the victory of ABC Entertainment in prime time ratings that ended on April 16, 1995. Rating in households and among adults 18-49; Additional programs.
- `Willy' moves at ABC. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/17/95, Vol. 125 Issue 29, p69
Reports on the changes in programming at American Broadcasting Co. Saturday morning lineup.
- ABC cancels news network. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;5/27/96, Vol. 126 Issue 23, p11
Reports on the cancellation of the planned 24-hour cable news channel of ABC News. Reasons for the decision to postpone the news network; Reactions of other industry players on ABC's decision.