- Oakland Puts Off Bonding. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;6/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32399, p35
The article reports that Oakland may not market another bond issue under a 2002 voter-approved authorization called Measure DD until 2007, if it will sell less than $100 million of the debt. Measure DD approved the sale of $198 million in debt for water and parks projects throughout the city....
- Munis Weaker as Larger Deals Price. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/3/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33125, p2
The article offers information on the performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. from June 1-3, 2009. It provides information on the rating given by different credit companies to bonds issued across the country. These include $375 million of electric and gas systems for CPS Energy, $200 million...
- Florida Environmental Bonds Upgraded Before Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/25/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34366, p1
Higher debt service coverage won Florida's environmental restoration bonds two rating upgrades ahead of a $46.5M competitive deal.
- Lake County, III., Schools Cut to AA. // Bond Buyer;10/21/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31994, p2
Reports on the reduction of the ratings for general obligation bonds received by Lake County, Illinois. Reflection of the lowered ratings; Outlook of the rating in general obligation bonds and debt certificates; Estimated increase of the general fund balance due to capital spending;
- SOUTH CAROLINA: Piedmont Power Plans $346M. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/24/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32864, p9
The article reports on the sale of $346 million of debt by Piedmont Municipal Power Agency in South Carolina. Fitch Ratings Ltd. assigned a BBB-plus rating to the electric system revenue bonds that will be sold in two series. Proceeds of the deal will be used to finance repairs, replacements,...
- Moody's Changes Atlanta GOs' Outlook to Positive. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/22/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32264, p32
Reports on the change of rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to the general obligation debt in Atlanta, Georgia. Total bonds affected by the outlook change; Implementation of significant rate hikes in order to service outstanding debts and future debt for its water and sewer system.
- Holden Offers GOs. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/28/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32266, p37
The article reports on the general obligation refunding debt that will be competitively sold in Holden, Alberta. The fixed-rate bonds will mature from 2006 to 2020, and will be callable at par after March 1, 2015. Ropes & Gray LLP is bond counsel on the transaction. An application was sent to...
- Hampton, Va., Selling $145M of GOs, Mostly for School Development Plan. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;10/25/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32741, p3
The article reports on the preparation of Hampton, Virginia to sell $145 million of general obligation bonds. The bonds will finance the construction of two schools and several other capital projects and refund previously issued bond participation notes. Fitch Ratings Ltd. and Standard & Poor's...
- Southeast: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for July 26, 2005. // Bond Buyer;7/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32184, p33
Reports on the yield curves of plain/insured general obligations bonds issued in southeast United States for July 26, 2005. Ratings.