Congressmen to Revisit Attempts to Repeal Wright Amendment
- 'Right to Fly' bill heats up Wright fight. McClellan-Brandt, Sarah // Fort Worth Business Press;5/30/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the threat being posted by Rights to Fly Act introduced by U.S. Representatives Sam Johnson (R-Tex.) and Jeb Hensarling (R-Tex.) on the Wright Amendment according to U.S. Representative Kay Granger (R-Tex.) in the state. Granger says that the legislation is not about the...
- A deal is a deal. Connor, Richard // Fort Worth Business Press;5/30/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p46
The article discusses the conflicts over the repeal of Wright Amendment in Texas. Dallas mayor Laura Miller says that the repeal is inevitable. The amendment involves a compromise that permits Southwest Airlines to operate out of Love Field in Dallas but restrict it in areas where it could...
- Michigan Schools Get Boost. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;2/9/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33661, p1
The article reports on the new legislation signed into law by New York Governor Rick Snyder which features an improved intercept structure to boost bondholder confidence by establishing an extra security to protect debt repayment in a Chapter 9 bankruptcy filing.
- Visit with a Congressman. // Malakoff News (TX);11/2/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 44, p10B
An image which depicts the visit of the Frederick family to the office of Congressman Jeb Hensarling in Washington D.C. is presented.
- Congressman fights against rise of earmarks in Washington. Hannigan, Michael V. // Malakoff News (TX);9/7/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 36, p1A
The article reports on the move of Henderson County Congressman Jeb Hensarling to lodge a protest against rise of earmarks in Washington, D. C.
- Hensarling Visits to See F-4 Jet Back in Place in Canton. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);2/16/2012, Vol. 115 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the visit of U.S. Congressman Jeb Hensarling to the Van Zandt County Veterans Memorial in Van Zandt County, Texas.
- Failed Sucralose Plant Bondholders Await Details on Settlement. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;1/15/2015, p1
Bondholders will learn later this month how much they stand to recoup from a settlement that ended a trial accusing Morgan Keegan & Co. Inc. of misleading them on a bond deal that soured after the failure of an artificial sweetener plant project in Moberly, Mo.
- BONDHOLDER RIGHTS AND THE SECTION 216 OPPRESSION REMEDY. Seah Chi-Ling // Singapore Journal of Legal Studies;Dec2011, p432
The article explores the origins of references to debentureholders defined under section (s.) 216 of the Companies Act of Singapore, focusing on the bondholder rights and the acts of oppression. It examines the scope of the applicability of the s. 216 remedy in a debentureholder context and...
- The Abuse of Majority Power in the Relationship Between Bondholders â€“ Is the New Scenario Encompassed by Assenagon v. Irish bank Founded on the Right Legal Basis? Amato, Emanuele // Bocconi Student-Edited Legal Papers;dic2015, Issue 6, p237
The recent landmark case Assenagon, in 2012, subverted its long-dated precedents â€“ namely Katz v. Oak Industries â€“ by holding that exit consent mechanisms, which enable the issuer to incentivize existing bondholders to negatively amend their old bonds in exchange for newly issued...