NGA Warns of $6B Loss From Business Tax Curbs
- NEW JERSEY BUSINESS TAX REFORM ACT. Reiss, Harold J.; Buxbaum, Stewart; Nesi, Nicholas; Goldwasser, Henry; Kaplan, Steven M.; Fielding, John J.; Weinstock, Warren; Preis, Alan J. // CPA Journal;Dec2002, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p63
Examines the provisions of the New Jersey Business Tax Reform Act of 2002. Increase in minimum tax; Implementation of an alternative minimum requirement; Extension of the reach of the New Jersey Corporation Business Tax.
- Know state tax rules or pay the price in an audit. Jones, Lynn // Journal of Business (10756124);9/27/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 20, pA10
Focuses on the significance for businesses to understand the laws and application of sales and business and occupation (B&O) taxes of the state of Washington. Foundation for avoiding audit problems; Avoidance of a tax assessments against owned business; Details of the B&O tax.
- Financial planners see hope in Bush's tax plan. Palenik, Joe // Inside Tucson Business;2/10/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 36, p8
Reports on the positive projections of financial planners on the tax incentives proposed by President George W. Bush in Tucson, Arizona. Elimination of the double taxation of dividends; Modification of the tax plan by the U.S. Congress; Advantage of the tax plan to business enterprises.
- New Canadian Technical Bill Affects Foreign Affiliates. Slaats, Sandra // Tax Executive;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p44
Focuses on the changes to the Canadian Technical Bill in January 2003. Relief for tax rate reductions; Effect on foreign affiliate transactions; Relief for tax rate reductions.
- State chips away at SBT. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;06/07/99, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p1
Discusses the prospects for the phase-out of the single-business tax in Michigan, within 23 years. Gradual aspect of the cut in the single-business tax; State economists' assessment of the move; Terms of the proposed package; Issue of tax policy and fairness surrounding the move. INSET: The...
- The Job Creation and Worker Assistance Act of 2002. Levin, Mark H. // CPA Journal;Jul2002, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p43
Provides information on the Job Creation and Worker Assistance Act signed into law by U.S. President George W. Bush on March 9, 2002. Background on the tax law; Provisions of the act applicable to taxpayers nationwide; Application of the significant provisions of the legislation to businesses...
- Tax Reform: The Business Perspective. // Business Lawyer;May86, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p907
Presents a summary of the results of the conference on tax reforms in Wintergreen, Virginia. Debates on issues relevant to business taxation; History of the case for tax reform; Goals of tax reform; Proposals of the plenary session on tax reform.
- In search of more tax revenue. Hill, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/5/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p25
Focuses on the necessity of tax reforms in Louisiana. Reasons for the absence of the state in the consideration list of the major industrial site-consulting firms; Advocacy of Governor Mike Foster of sales taxes; Absence of a plan for pushing the single-business tax.
- Tax incentives seek to attract corporate headquarters to the island. Martinez, Marialba // Caribbean Business;7/18/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p14
Reports on the proposed amendment to Tax Incentives Law of 1978 in Puerto Rico. Efforts of Puerto Rico to attract corporate headquarters to the island; Tax exemptions that will be provided.