Texas' Perry Signs School Finance Bill That Cuts Maximum Property Tax Rate
- Texas School Districts Learn to Budget During Lean Years. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31823, p8
Reports on budget deficits facing school districts in Texas. School finance formula by Governor Rick Perry and other lawmakers; Texas school finance law; Lawsuit by school districts against the school formula; Plans of the Carroll district to have a bond election at the end of 2004 to finance...
- Three Blind Elephants. Burka, Paul // Texas Monthly;Sep2005, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p16
Comments on the way several Republican politicians deal with school finance and tax bills in Texas. Texas Governor Rick Perry; Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst; Texas Representative Tom Craddick (R-Midland).
- Sanctuary Perry. MOSER, BOB // Texas Observer: A Journal of Free Voices;1/21/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 24, p28
The author discusses the departure of Governor Rick Perry of Texas for California in 2011 after his anti-tax policies reduced his popularity. It is stated that his policies led to the state's record budget deficit of 27 billion dollars and the closures of schools and state parks, although he...
- Texas House: 'Robin Hood' Could Be History By 2004. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/1/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31626, p4
The Texas House of Representatives gave initial approval to a bill that would repeal the school finance law if a replacement plan is available by fall 2004. School finance reform was a major selling point for Republican candidates during the November 2002 elections. House Speaker Tom Craddick,...
- Teacher Training a Vital Part of 65% Solution for Texas Schools. // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);7/27/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p3
The article discusses the importance of teacher training in the school system of Texas. Governor Rick Perry and the Texas Education Agency (TEA) suggested that school districts in Texas should be necessitated to spend 65 percent of their finances on direct classroom instruction. Teacher training...
- Teacher training a vital part of 65% solution for Texas schools. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/30/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p11
The article focuses on the proposal of Texas Governor Rick Perry and the Texas Education Agency (TEA) to require school districts to spend 65 percent of their budgets on direct classroom instruction. The definition of direct classroom instruction involves activities associated with the...
- School story brings back memories. RASH, BRIAN // Graham Leader;5/4/2014, Vol. 138 Issue 75, p4A
The author discusses aspects of the HB 5 bill signed by Governor Rick Perry which requires school districts in Texas to provide endorsements involving STEM, public services and multidisciplinary studies.
- Gov. Perry awards more than $1 million in DATE grants to Abilene ISD. // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);8/28/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p6
The article reports on the $1 million fund awarded by Texas Governor Rick Perry to the Abilene Independent School District through the District Awards for Teaching Excellence (DATE).
- IRS Asked to Allow Texas PSF to Back More School Bonds. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;3/13/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32835, p5
The article reports on the letter that Governor Rick Perry sent to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) which states that IRS needs to modify its regulations to permit the Texas Permanent School Fund (PSF) to guarantee twice as much debt. Perry said that IRS' failure to authorize the...