Construction Spending Falls 0.1% to $1.196T
- Construction Spending Hits Record $1.047T. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;4/4/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32103, p2
Reports on the high rate of spending on construction projects in Washington.
- Construction spending missed. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/2/2014, pA02
Construction spending missed expectations in May, with a 0.1% rise vs. 0.5%. But April's upward revision to 0.8% from 0.2% more than made up for it. The yearly rise softened from 7.9% to 6.6%.
- BUILDING ACTIVITY. // Crain's New York Business;10/26/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p7
The article presents statistics on expected 2009 New York construction, and expected drop from record 2008 construction spending.
- Picking Up the Pace. // Concrete Producer;Feb2004, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the increase in construction spending in the U.S. in October 2003. Factors attributed for the spending increase; Reasons for the decrease in nonbuilding construction earnings; Significance of nonresidential building to the industry.
- How to Build a Business Case. Molisani, Jack // Intercom;Jul2008, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p4
The article discusses how to build a business case for spending the company's money in order to purchase or show a better increase in annual review. It notes that corporations and municipalities can spend years establishing business cases for major construction projects. It offers various...
- Construction growth expected to increase. Sleight, Chris // International Construction;Jan2005, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p12
Forecasts an increase in world construction spending from 2003 to 2013, according to a report from Global Insight. Increase expected in then the rate of growth in the industry; Leadership of the United States in construction activities; Developing construction markets that rank in the world's 20...
- Construction Works in Brazil Up 13% to US$ 328 Billion. Daniel, Isaura // Brazzil Mag;3/1/2010, p1
The article reports on an increase in investment in Brazil on construction works by 13% in 2009. It is stated that 328 billion dollars was invested and 90 million square meters were built in total. It is mentioned that energy, oil and oil products, the ferrous product sector were the industrial...
- SPANNING THE NEWS. // Roads & Bridges;Aug2006, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p11
This section offers news briefs on the U.S. road construction industry. According to a report by the state's Legislative Fiscal Bureau, Wisconsin will need an extra $698 million per year for its road construction needs from 2000 to 2020. A report in the Hampton Roads, Virginia states that...
- European construction to peak in 2005. // International Construction;Jul2005, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the projected increase in construction output in Europe for 2005, according to Euroconstruct, a network of economic forecasting companies. Percentage increase in growth from the 2004 figure; Projected industry expansion; Projected increase in construction output in the eastern...