Munis Shrug Off Data, Weaken in Spots
- Municipal Volume Swells as Second Quarter Kicks Off. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p7
The article reports on the increase in activity in the municipal bond market in the U.S. during the arrival of the second quarter of 2006. The Federal Open Market Committee raised its target for the federal funds rate. California's Bay Area Toll Authority and the Louisiana Citizens Property...
- April Volume Lags March. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;5/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31875, p1
Reports on the decline in the issuance of long-term municipal bond market in the U.S. Anticipation of economic recovery bonds from California; Amount of municipal bonds being issued; Reason for the decline in the market; Rise in the interest rates with the improvement in the economy.
- Muni Buyers Show Up Big For California. Saskal, Rich; Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p1
Reports on California's economic recovery bond offering in 2004. Strong demand for the bonds; Expected total sale of the bonds; Marketing efforts for the bonds; Reduction of yields on several maturities before the final pricing.
- Big Deals From Houston, Washington Should Boost Yields. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p6
Reports on the volume of primary market municipal bond deals in the U.S. for the week of May 17, 2004. Major deals from various states; Yields expected by investors; Pricing of deals; Use of proceeds from the transactions.
- Munis Remain Firm as Traders Hold Ground Awaiting New Data. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p2
Reports on the movement of municipal bonds in the trading market in the U.S. as of July 2004. Concentration of trading activity in the intermediate sector; Percentage of growth in consumer spending; Average prices of general obligation offering.
- Liberty Zone Extension Near Passage. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p1
Reports on the U.S. House's near approval of a tax legislation that would extend the New York Liberty zone private-activity bond program for five years and restore the qualified zone academy bond program through the end of 2005. Extension of the separate authority for tax-exempt bonds issued in...
- Market Finishes Little Changed As Bid Side Fades and Treasuries Falter. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p2
Reports on developments concerning municipal bonds in the U.S. as of September 23, 2004. Release of the minutes from the August Federal Open Market Committee meeting that stated the need for the continuation of a tightening monetary policy; Trends in the Treasury market; Sale of a triple-A rated...
- Munis Firmer as Nation Focuses on Election. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/5/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32997, p2
The article reports that the municipal bond market in the U.S. was slightly firmer on November 4, 2008 as the nation voted to elect the next president. Bond traders said that tax-exempt yields finished lower by one to three basis points. But earlier, municipal bonds have little direction and...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;2/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31816, p34
Presents statistics pertaining to the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of February 6, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Visible supply rises; Bond Buyer Indexes; New-issue balances; State and local...
- THURSDAY'S YIELDS. // Bond Buyer;10/13/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32486, p1
The article provides information on the Thursday, October 12, 2006, U.S. Municipal level market yield. Market yields in the municipal bonds for the day were unchanged, with a steadier tone, in the midst of a muffled market response to economic data of widened trade deficit in August and a lower...