New York MTA to Sell $550M; May Seek New Credit to Finance Capital Program
- New York's TBTA Breaks 8-Year Drought With Competitive BAB Sale. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;9/8/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33179, p36
The article reports on the return of Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority (TBTA) in New York to the competetive market Build America Bond (BAB) on September 10, 2009. According to Patrick McCoy, finance director of Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) they have seen competetive BAB did...
- N.Y. MTA Board Approves $2 Billion in Debt. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p4
Reports that the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) board of New York has approved a borrowing plan by the end of year 2001 through the sale of Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority (TBTA) revenue bonds. Reasons for the sale of TBTA bonds; Other dealings of MTA.
- MTA increases underwriters. CUOMO, ANDREW M. // Filipino Reporter;9/27/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 43, p21
The author discusses the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) Board's increased of the number and percentage of minority and women-owned firms in New York that will join in the issuance of MTA bonds, with the board approving a group of firms that will underwrite the bonds.
- Firm New-Issue Pricing, But Another Flat Day for Secondary. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;6/7/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32397, p2
The article reports updates on the U.S. stock market. The Treasury's 10-year note declined one basis point to 5.01 percent. Lehman Brothers Inc. lowered the yield on several maturities by one basis point when repricing the dedicated tax funds bonds of New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
- Investors Brace for Trio of Deals Worth $600 Million or More Each. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;10/3/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33592, p32
The article reports on the three big deals in the negotiated market and competitive market in the U.S. including the sale of Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority of 615 million dollars general revenue refunding bonds, the issuance of Solid Waste Authority of 600 million dollars funding revenue...
- N.Y. MTA To Refund Some ARS. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;2/26/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32823, p1
The article reports on the plan of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to use $430 million of the proceeds of $1 billion of bonds that was closed to refund part of its $2.4 billion of auction-rate securities which is currently outstanding. According to the report, MTA sent out...
- Munis Moderate as MTA Deal Is Deferred. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;2/4/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33261, p2
The article presents an overview on the performance of the U.S. bond market on February 3, 2010. According to traders, yields remained firm the whole day while Barclays Capital cancelled the scheduled pricing of New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority's (MTA) 650 million transportation...
- N.Y. MTA to Keep $1.35 Billion of ARS in Auction Mode Indefinitely. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;4/29/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32867, p24
The article reports on the plan of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to keep $1.35 billion of auction-rate securities (ARS) in auction mode because it is cheaper than the alternatives. Under the plan, the MTA is to refund $700 million of dedicated tax refund bonds and to...
- N.Y. MTA, Dorm Bringing Close to $900 Million to Market. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;2/7/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32065, p7
The article presents information on the plans of the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority and the New York State Dormitory Authority to venture into the bond market. The Metropolitan Transportation Authority will issue US$500 million of revenue bonds, while the Dormitory Authority will...