LOUISIANA: New Orleans Mails Tax Bills
- The State of the Parish. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 23, Special Section p1
The article reports that leaders in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana offered their perspective on the current and future state of the parish after Hurricane Katrina at the annual address hosted by the Jefferson Chamber of Commerce. Council Chairman Tom Capella is very optimistic that finances will...
- Still Watching New Orleans. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/16/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32321, p31
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. (MIS) will continue to keep the ratings it assigns to New Orleans. New Orleans is on the watch list of MIS with an uncertain direction, reflecting the unknowns that remain about the city's property tax collections. Some analysts stated that...
- FHA Tallies Hurricane Delinquencies. Collins, Brain; Muolo, Paul // National Mortgage News;12/12/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p1
The article reports that the residential loans insured by the U.S. Federal Housing Association (FHA) are delinquent due to storm damage caused by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. The delinquency figures were released in a new Mortgage Relief Assistance program developed by the FHA to help some...
- Here's a new take on property values. Luke, Rob // Indianapolis Business Journal;08/23/99, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p13
Focuses on the decline in property tax valuation in Clinton County, Indiana in 1999. Efforts of local schools, county library, and the city government in cutting their budgets and finding replacement funds; Deliberation on the appropriateness of giving tax abatements to create...
- Those applying for property credit warned against bogus tax preparers. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/27/93 - 1/3/94, Vol. 5 Issue 44, p8
Warns consumers applying for property credit against bogus tax preparers. Tax Department's training of volunteers to assist New Yorkers for free in completing their IT-214 program application; Qualifications for eligibility for the Real Property Tax Credit.
- Assessor offers ideas to improve valuation system. Lyons, Rick // Inside Tucson Business;06/10/96, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p5
Opinion. Presents insights and suggestions on property taxes. Structure of the property tax system; Factors considered in determining the levy; Primary standards for apportionment in Arizona; Assessor's job of identifying all taxable property and determine its value and classification.
- Maryland. // Assessment Journal;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p16
States that residential buildings that have been renovated to accommodate advanced computer systems may be granted credits against property tax in Maryland. Assessment of tax on property transferred to nonprofit charitable organizations; Amount of tax that can be abated.
- Minnesota. // Assessment Journal;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p16
Presents news briefs related to taxation of property in Minnesota. Provisions of the Presidential Declaration of Major Disaster in Minnesota; Information on tax-increment financing (TIF); Details on two Supreme Court cases on property assessment.
- The economics of a linkage tax. Hutchinson, E. Bruce // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Winter90, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p57
Studies the effects of a linkage assessment on property tax revenues. Linkage programs; Revenue implications; Taxation versus subsidization of business; Conclusions.