FLORIDA: Development Plan Launched
- Bush Sends Florida Lawmakers Back to Capitol. Richard, Alan // Education Week;5/7/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p21
Florida lawmakers did not have much to show for themselves when they wrapped up their regular session in the week prior to May 7, 2003. Governor Jeb Bush ordered them back into session in the week of May 7, 2003 to settle plenty of unfinished business: the budget, new education class-size...
- Gov. Bush Sees Sunny Florida Future, But Urges Focus on Medicaid, Schools. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/9/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32086, p3
Reports on the state of the state address delivered by of Florida Governor Jeb Bush. Announcement of Bush that the state's economy is strong, growing and backed by financial reserves that would meet unexpected challenges; Importance of conservative fiscal management in a strong economy;...
- Florida Special Session Could Make Or Break County's Hopes for Scripps. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/22/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31745, p4
Reports on the special session of Florida lawmakers to discuss state incentives pledged by Gov. Jeb Bush from the one-time federal economic stimulus package. Questions on the amount of incentive package; Generation of non-ad valorem proceeds; Improvements of revenue funding.
- Florida Governor Signs Off on Transportation Bill. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;4/15/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31365, p4
Reports the approval of governor Jeb Bush of the transportation bill in Florida. Implementation of a high-speed rail system; Transformation of the Florida Turnpike District; Opposition of environmentalists on the bill.
- Florida welcomes Scripps as critics predict big-money flop. Dalton, Rex // Nature;11/6/2003, Vol. 426 Issue 6962, p4
Reports on the critics from the legislation signed by Florida governor Jeb Bush for funds into bringing the Scripps Research Institute. Comments against the capability of the deal to attract research jobs and biotechnology companies; Worth of the budget accumulated for the deal; Impact of the...
- Following the Scrip. Doherty, Brian // Reason;Aug/Sep2002, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p14
Reports that the Florida legislature has denied the approval of a proposed bill by state's Governor Jeb Bush concerning database of controlled drug prescriptions. Criticisms against the proposed bill; Plan of Bush to include the issue as agenda for the special session in May 2003; Information...
- Florida mulls $3 billion of tobacco debt. Whalene, Robert // Bond Buyer;02/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30828, p1A
Focuses on the tobacco-settlement proposal of Florida Governor Jeb Bush. Projected impact of the proposal on taxable debt; Effect of the proposal on the establishment of the Tobacco Settlement Finance Corp.; Need for sponsors in the House and Senate for the approval of the plan; Details to be...
- An audience with president's little bro. Katterjohn, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/9/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p12A
Comments on the accomplishments of Jeb Bush as governor of Florida. Briefing of business publishers about education and economic development in Florida; Deal of the state with the Scripps Research Institute to build a science center in Palm Beach County.
- Defining His Campaign. Catanese, David // U.S. News Digital Weekly;2/6/2015, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p6
The article reports that in February 2015, former Florida governor Jeb Bush spoke before the Detroit Economic Club where he outlined his broadest policy vision since announcing his exploration of a presidential run. Topics discussed in the speech include Jeb Bush's ideas for boosting the U.S....