TBMA Issues Draft Best Practices for Auction-Rate Securities
- Industry Groups Unite To Conquer. O'Connor, Colleen Marie // High Yield Report;7/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p1
The article reports on the plan of two capital markets, the Securities Industry Association and the Bond Market Association, to merge and form the new Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association in the U.S. The merger is on the process of approval by members from both markets....
- Fixed-Income Traders Oppose New Basel Accord. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;05/14/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 20, p6
Reports that the Bond Market Association (BMA) is opposing the proposed Basel Capital Accord securities trading guidelines in the United States. Justification for the association's opposition to the proposed securities trading guidelines; Other trade groups that have expressed concerns over the...
- Spreads aren't the only thing shrinking: TBMA looks to future. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;10/05/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30740, p1
No abstract available.
- Don't worry too much about the RDR. Strange, Andrew // Mortgage Strategy;12/10/2007, p31
The article discusses the Retail Distribution Review (RDR) in Great Britain. It states that RDR has raised many interesting issues in the mortgage market such as the realistic statute of limitations. Moreover, the author suggests that instead of worrying about the RDR, brokers should prioritize...
- Firms Observe Moments of Silence, Shortened Trading. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31469, p4
Reports the early closure of trading in Wall Street. Recommendation by the Bond Market Association to close bond market at two in the afternoon; Flexibility of work schedules in memory of the people lost in the terrorist attacks; Observation on the moment of silence at the beginning of the day.
- Bond Appeal. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Dec2002, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p49
Discusses several issues concerning the bond market. Views of brokers and customers on the bond market; Information on the Bond Market Association; Benefits of becoming a bond consultant. INSET: Whither Bond Prices?.
- Real world solutions for the Insurance Industry. // Canadian Underwriter;Dec2006 Supplement, Vol. 73, p10
The article talks about Custom Software Solutions' automation tools that meet the single-entry multi-company interface requirements of brokers and companies. The company is one of the fastest growing automation software suppliers to the Canadian insurance industry. Savings in time and resource...
- WHO'S HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/19/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 16, p41
Provides a ranking of brokerage and bank stocks in the U.S. based on performance. Financial firms; Broker dealers; Indices; HSBC Holdings; Deutsche Bank; UBS; Bank of America.
- Providing Leading Edge Tools for Unsurpassed Service & Objective, Professional Advice. // On Wall Street;Oct2003 Supplement, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p52
Features independent broker-dealer Wachovia Securities Financial Network. Way in which the company helps brokers through the transition to the firm; Areas in which the company excels; Description of the firm's technologies.