North Carolina Lawmakers Weigh Bond Bills Worth a Total of $3 Billion
- Maine Fights to Protect Air, Water. Boyle, Sarah // National Wildlife (World Edition);Aug/Sep2002, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p70
Reports the effort of the Natural Resources Council of Maine to protect the air and water resources. Environmental bills passed by the organization; Aim to prevent mercury pollution in the area; Convention held by the group to encourage the use of hybrid cars.
- AMERICAN CONSERVATION CORPS PASSES WITH BARE-BONES BUDGET. // National Parks;Nov/Dec84, Vol. 58 Issue 11/12, p43
Reports that the U.S. Congress approved a bill in October 9, 1984 to create the American Conservation Corps (ACC), modeled on the Civilian Conservation Corps of the 1930s; Provisions of the House bill relating to the funding for the ACC; Details of the proposed budget's appropriation which would...
- green room: environmental updates. Young, Ben // Georgia Trend;Sep2010, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p11
The article focuses on the developments related to environment in Goergia. It states that the riverkeepers uniting in order to support a water plan that relies on interbasin transfers. It also focuses on the announcement of riverkeepers regarding Georgia Water Stewardship Act, which litigated a...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;03/19/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31099, p4
Presents a status report on legislative bills affecting the municipal bond market in the United States as of March 19, 2001. Public School Construction Partnership Act; High-Speed Rail Investment Act of 2001; National Energy Security Act of 2001; America's Better Classroom Act.
- N.Y.C. City Council Likely to Fast-Track Mayor's G-37-Like Proposal. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;05/14/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31138, p1
Reports the speedy legislation of the New York City Council on the G-37 proposal in New York, New York. Restrictions of the G-37 proposal to firms associated in municipal securities; Imposition of a moratorium on rulemaking; Comments of the senior research associate of the Citizen's Budget...
- MUNICIPAL BOND AND STATE AND LOCAL FINANCE LEGISLATIVE STATUS Report[*]. // Bond Buyer;03/17/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30851, p6
Presents a chart depicting municipal bond and state and local legislative status report in the United States as of March 2000. List of legislation introduced in the 106th Congress; Presentation of existing laws; Data on the proposed laws; Existing status of the legislative bills.
- Pa. Aims to Avoid More Harrisburgs. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;7/15/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33944, p5
The article offers information on the two bills that improve the oversight of municipal bond financing and presented in Pennsylvania Senate in Pennsylvania.
- Washington May Put School Bond 'Supermajority' Rule Before Voters. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;2/7/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32065, p4
The article reports that a group of U.S. legislators has proposed a bill that would allow voters to reconsider a law that requires 60% approval for school bonds and levies. Often referred to as the supermajority law, a school bond or levy must receive approval from 60% of voters and the number...
- Supermajority Bill. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;2/25/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32078, p33
The article reports that lawmakers in the U.S. House this week approved a bill that would allow Washington voters to reconsider a law that requires 60% approval for school bonds and levies, instead allowing passage by a simple majority. Washington and Montana are the only states to require the...