Finance Chief Ferreri Quits MBIA; Prudential SVP Tapped as Successor
- THE TRADING FLOOR. Walker, Susanne; Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;12/19/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31536, p31
Presents news briefs related to hiring of executive personnel by various companies as of December 19, 2002. Partnership of Kirkpatrick & Lockhart LLP with James A. Tricarico Jr. in its New York City office; Career profile of Tricarico; Appointment of C. Edward Chaplin in the board of directors...
- MBIA's Fourth-Quarter Income Down, Production Up on Heels of Settlement. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/31/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32558, p30
The article reports on the financial performance of MBIA Inc. in the U.S. for the fourth quarter of 2006. The company registered a net income of $819.3 million in 2006, up about 15% from 2005. However, its earnings for the period totaled to $181 million, down by 1% from $182.7 million in 2005....
- MBIA Announces a Net Loss of Less Than 1% in 2Q Profits. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;8/4/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31940, p5
Reports on a one percent decline in 2004 second-quarter profits posted by bond insurer MBIA Inc., the parent company of MBIA Insurance Corp. Smaller gains on derivative exposure compared to the previous year; Net income; Comments of chief financial officer Nicholas Ferreri during a conference call.
- Nicholas Ferreri Named CFO of MBIA Inc. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/11/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31881, p6
Reports on the appointment of Nicholas Ferreri as chief financial officer of MBIA Inc. Promotions of Gary C. Dunton to chief executive officer and Neil G. Budnick to president of MBIA Insurance Corp.; Job responsibilities; Employment history.
- MBIA Says it Has Cash Needed to Satisfy GIC Requirements. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;7/1/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32910, p4
The article reports on the sufficient financial resources of MBIA Inc. needed to satisfy additional requirements under its guaranteed investment contracts prompted by the downgrade of MBIA Insurance Corp. in the U.S. With more than $4 billion in assets sold during the second quarter of 2008,...
- MBIA's Rolls Resigns From Board of Directors. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;6/24/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33137, p7
The article reports on the resignation of John A. Rolls from the board of directors of MBIA Inc. in the U.S. According to a spokesman of MBIA, the company would not comment beyond its press release and did not give any explanation why Rolls had resigned. Rolls served as chairman of the finance...
- Longtime MBIA Spokesman Michael Ballinger Heads to Competitor CIFG. Hanson, Martthew // Bond Buyer;8/13/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32690, p6
The article reports on the resignation of MBIA Inc. spokesman Michael Ballinger in the U.S. Ballinger joined MBIA's bond insurance competitor CIFG NA as part of its efforts to overhaul its methods of communicating with investors, media and the public. According to him, he sees the move as a...
- Unifi Founder Mebane to Retire. Malone, Scott // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/1/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 20, p12
Reports the retirement of Unifi Inc. founder and chairman G. Allen Mebane. Succession of director Donald Orr as chairman; Engagement of Mebane in the company by remaining as a consultant for the next four to five years; Plan to stand for reelection as a director of the company.
- Too much room at the top? // Director;Jul99, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p29
Provides pieces of advice on succession planning for British companies whose board members have resigned. Examples of such companies; Role to be played by the company chairman; Tasks of the internal executive.