Illinois Holds Hearing on Leasing Toll Road
- Illinois Agency's Budget Includes $700M of Toll-Backed Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/25/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31996, p3
Reports on the tentative 2005 budget released by the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority. Plan of the authority to borrow new toll-backed bonds; Inclusions in the proposed budget; Schedule for the adoption of the tentative plan.
- Illinois Toll Highway. // Concrete Products;Sep97, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p84
Reports on the use of prestressed concrete girders in the Illinois Toll Highway. Estimation on cost of the project; Distinctions in the construction; Benefit of the state's assistance.
- Rosemont green lights tollway off-ramp. // Value Retail News;Apr2011, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p6
The article discusses the newly approved Tri-State Tollway off-ramp to be built in Rosemont, Illinois that would offer faster and more convenient access to AWE Talisman's planned 550,000-square-foot Fashion Outlets of Chicago project in Illinois scheduled to open in 2012.
- Higher toll for aging roads. Richardson, Patricia // Crain's Chicago Business;04/10/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p1
Highlights a report commissioned by Illinois Governor George Ryan on the financial state of tollways in the state. Cost of repairing the state's toll roads; Plans to increase tolls to cover the cost of maintaining the tollway system; Revenues generated by the system annually.
- Tollway spending ruled unconstitutional. Banasiak, David // Roads & Bridges;Jul97, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p26
Reports that the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority's spending practices violate the 1970 Illinois Constitution, as declared by Circuit Judge Stephen Schiller. Reason for the budget surplus of the toll highway; Speculations regarding the issue.
- Tollway foes: Road to pave record deficit. Crown, Judith // Crain's Chicago Business;9/16/96, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p4
Asserts that a proposed Lake County tollway in Illinois would extract a heavy financial toll from the region. Possibility of a deficit; Steep charges for motorists; Operating and construction costs expected to be recovered from the $ one-billion, 23-mile project; Other findings of the...
- Lawsuit blocks Illinois toll road. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;02/03/97, Vol. 238 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the lawsuit filed against the Illinois Department of Transportation, Illinois State Toll Highway Authority and the Federal Highway Administration on their alleged failure to study the Illinois toll road project's environmental impact. Effect of the lawsuit on the construction of the...
- State rep has new influence in battle to stop public aid... Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;01/06/97, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p30
Presents information on the attempts of Representative Jeffrey Schoenberg to stop the construction of a state office building in the West Loop. Comments from Schoenberg; Response of the Alter Group to Schoenberg.
- End of road for state tollway extensions? Knapp, Kevin // Crain's Chicago Business;02/14/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p3
Reports the rejection of the proposed highway system expansion of the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority. Plans of Governor George Ryan to reduce toll booths; Reconstruction of the existing highway system; Opposition against the reduction of tolls; Elimination of tollway authority.