Issuance Down 10% In May
- Mass. Appeal For Debut Schools Deal. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p1
Reports on the Massachusetts School Building Authority's entry into the municipal bond market. Pricing for the sales-tax-backed debt; UBS Financial Services Inc.'s appointment as lead underwriter for the deal; Yields on the authority's maiden offering.
- UBS Claims Top Spot For 2004. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;1/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32042, p1
The article reports that UBS Financial Services Inc. dominated the rankings of municipal bond underwriters in 2004, ending the year in the number one slot. The firm knocked close rival Citigroup Global Markets Inc., which was the top-ranked firm at the end of 2003, into the second position last...
- Charlotte Selling $75M of COPs as Part of $200M Rail Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/5/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32190, p3
Reports on Charlotte, North Carolina's plan to sell Series 2005E certificates of participation (COP) to fund a transit project. Expected amount to be raised from the COP sale; UBS Financial Services Inc.'s appointment as underwriter, DEC Associates' selection as financial adviser; Parker, Poe,...
- D.C. Ballpark Deal Now at $534M, Tax-Exempt and Taxable. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/16/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32260, p6
Reports on the plan of the District of Columbia to issue multimillion dollars-worth in taxable bonds for the construction of a new home for the Washington National's baseball team. Factors threatening the realization of the bond transaction; Selection of UBS Financial Services Inc. as the...
- Space-Hungry Shippers Send Port of Tacoma to Market. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/2/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31855, p32
Reports that the Port of Tacoma, Washington, plans to issue a bond deal. Details of the proposed bond; Appointment of UBS Financial Services Inc. as lead manager of the bond deal; Ratings received by the port's revenue bonds.
- Negotiating Dominance. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;1/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32047, p1
The article reports that UBS Financial Services Inc.'s climb to the top of the senior manager rankings among underwriters in the municipal market. UBS in 2004 was able to clinch the number one position because of its dominance in the negotiated sector--as the firm became the lead senior manager...
- UBS brings first synthetic muni CDO structure to market. Walker, Susanne; Buyer, Bond // Private Placement Letter;7/26/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p11
Reports on the expectation of UBS Financial Services to close the first visibly rated synthetic municipal collateralized debt obligation in the U.S. Total amount of the portfolio of credit default; Risk of a reference portfolio; Reduction of credit exposure by banks.
- Atlanta Fends Off Claims Firms Were Overlooked in Recent Deal. DeSue, Tendra // Bond Buyer;5/23/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32138, p3
This article reports that UBS Financial Services Inc. and Jackson Securities LLC were chosen as underwriters for May 16, 2005 deal. Karen Carter, the director of municipal bond finance said that they were selected from a prequalified list that included Citigroup Global Markets Inc. Wachovia...
- Munis Little Changed; Retail Order Period Held for Connecticut GOs. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31847, p2
Reports changes in municipal bonds. General obligation bond in Connecticut; Retail order period held by UBS Financial Services Inc.; Impact of terrorism fears on yields.