Appearing on More Menus As Meat/Dairy Alternate: Why Soy Is Hot
- Soyfoods Soar on Health and Taste. Ohr, Linda Milo // Prepared Foods;Apr2001, Vol. 170 Issue 4, p63
Deals with the popularity of soyfoods and its development. Complaint related to soymilk and soy-based beverages; Soy proteins used in meat alternative products; Trend among nutrition bars and staples such as bread and cereal.
- Soy for sippin'. Spiller, Cheryl Solomon // Natural Health;Jul2001, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p99
Presents nutritional information on soy beverages. Description of taste.
- Soymilk a booming $1.3 billion business. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;1/31/2012, p8
The article discusses a Packaged Facts report which shows the growing popularity of dairy alternative beverages such as soymilk, contributing about 1.33 billion U.S. dollars in revenue for the industry segment in 2011.
- Stabilizing UHT Soy Beverages. Krawczyk, Greg; Fisher, Gail; Sewall, Chris // Dairy Foods;Dec2004, Vol. 105 Issue 12, p48
Focuses on the use of specifically designed carrageenan systems effectively and efficiently in stabilizing hydrocolloid for neutral pH, soy-based beverages. Definition of carageenan; Discussion on the carrageenan and protein interaction; Introduction of the two new carageenan ingredients...
- PLAYING WITH THE BIG SOYS. Walker, Cassie // Beverage Industry;Apr2002, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p14
Focuses on the mainstream success of soymilk brand Silk from White Wave Soyfoods company in the U.S. Sales of product for the fiscal year; Nutritional value of the soya beans; Marketing strategies of the company.
- Soy is Back. LeVesque, Sarah Day; Messina, Mark // Prepared Foods;Apr2012, Vol. 181 Issue 4, p19
The article reports on the newest trend in the prepared food industry which is the use of soy as a healthful ingredient. The soy-based foods market in the U.S. is dominated by soymilk which accounts for more than 20% of sales in the sector. Soy has been used as a substitute for dairy in desserts...
- Don't Have a Cow. Kirby, Jake // Real Simple;Oct2001, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p52
Soy protein may lower your risk of heart disease, osteoporosis, and prostate and breast cancer. Soy milk, flavored with chocolate, vanilla, even fruit, is a more palatable way to meet the requirement. Soy milk is low in sodium and is cholesterol free. Soy milk doesn't have lactose which many...
- The care and handling of soy. Robertson, Robin // Vegetarian Times;Apr2000, Issue 272, p88
Provides information on how to preserve and maintain several soy food products. Tofu; Miso; Tempeh; Soy milk; Textured vegetable protein; Soy sauce.
- Production of ÃŽÂ±-galactosidase by a novel actinomycete Streptomyces griseoloalbus and its application in soymilk hydrolysis. G. Anisha; P. Prema // World Journal of Microbiology & Biotechnology;Jun2007, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p859
AbstractÃ‚Â Ã‚Â ÃŽÂ±-Galactosidase production by a newly isolated actinomycete Streptomyces griseoloalbus under submerged fermentation was investigated. The influence of initial pH of medium, incubation temperature, inoculum age and inoculum size on ÃŽÂ±-galactosidase formation...