How They Impact the Diet: Taste & Aroma
- chemosenses. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p425
A definition of the term "chemosenses," which refers to either of the two chemical senses or smell and taste, is presented.
- chemosensory disorders. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p425
A definition of the term "chemosensory disorders," which refers to any disorder of smell or taste, is presented.
- Go Wild! // Science Spin - Early Primary;Sep2006, p1
The article discusses the five senses. The senses include sight, taste, touch, smell and hearing.
- Differential context effects between sweet tastes and smells. Stevenson, Richard; Mahmut, Mehmet // Attention, Perception & Psychophysics;Nov2010, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p2304
'Sweet' smells and tastes are perceptually similar, and physiological data indicate some commonality of central processing. However, sweet tastes and sweet smells do not provide interchangeable contexts in psychophysical experiments. The same sweet tastes are perceived as less intense when...
- We Have Five Senses. // Weekly Reader - Pre K;Nov2006, Vol. 27, p1
Several photographs which depict the functions of the five senses, namely the sense of sight, taste, touch, smell and hearing, are presented.
- WspÃ³Å‚czesne metody badania wÄ™chu i smaku. Dżaman, Karolina // Otorynolaryngologia;Dec2008, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p173
Progress in medicine has resulted in development of numerous modern methods for assessing smell and taste function. They include psychophysical measures of chemosensory function which are most frequently used in clinical practice. Some techniques do not require the subjects' cooperation and rely...
- Abnormalities of Taste and Smell in Sjogren's Syndrome. Henkin, R. I.; Talal, N.; Larson, A. L.; Mattern, C. F. T. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Mar72, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p375
Presents a study which examined the abnormalities in taste and smell thresholds of patients with Sjogren's syndrome. Symptoms of oral, nasal and ophthalmologic dryness; Physical examination of head and neck; Measurement of taste thresholds.
- Your Fabulous Nose! // Click;Feb2013, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p13
The article presents interesting facts about the nose. It informs that without the scent detectors one cannot distinguish between the tastes of different foods. It states that nose produces 4 cups of mucus everyday. Nose makes extra mucus when one has cold to remove the germs from the body. One...
- YOGA +. // Yoga + Joyful Living;Sep/Oct2008, Issue 103, preceding p4
The article reports that mindful eating focuses the attention of the journal on the tastes, smells, and sanctity of food. It is said to be one of the simplest ways to improve digestion and delight the senses.