Food: Multi-cultural mix shifts diet patterns
- Little things yield bigger tips. // Restaurant Hospitality;Sep96, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p24
Gives suggestions to food servers on how to boost tips. Includes introducing oneself by name; Squatting next to customers when taking orders; Writing of unsigned thank you on the back of the check.
- HIGHS AND LOWS OF MENU TECHNOLOGY. Arnett, Lisa // FoodService Director;12/15/2015, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p24
A reprint of the article "Highs and Lows of Menu Technology" by Lisa Arnett, which appeared in the previous issue of "Restaurant Business," is presented.
- Food trucks count ArtPrize Eight as success. Dewey, Charlsie // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/17/2016, Vol. 34 Issue 42, p2
The article discusses the high number of food trucks that were stationed between the Grand Rapids Art Museum and Rosa Parks Circle at Grand Rapids in Michigan during the ArtPrize event that continued for 19 days.
- School is Out - What Happens to Children Relying on School Meals? // Learning Matters;10/30/2015, p27
An excerpt from the article "School is Out-What Happens to Children Relying on School Meals?" is presented, which focuses on the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP).
- Food For Families drive begins. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);11/4/2015, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p1
The article reports on the start of the annual Food For Families food drive for families at Whitney Church of Christ in Texas on November 20, 2015.
- Effects of cultural exchange on nutritional contents of local cuisine. Arbelaez, Marisol Maria // Journal of the West;Jan97, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p8
Examines the nutritional content of foods in Mexico as a result of cultural exchanges. Complex amalgamation of European and American foods; Richest agricultural and stock-raising areas of northwest Mexico; Evidence of cross-continental food alliance in Jesuit inventories of food supplies;...
- End workplace racism: Free your mind & your employees will follow. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/02/96, Vol. 30 Issue 47, p23
Editorial. Provides insight on the need to end workplace racism in the food service industry. Background on the financial losses incurred by operations from racial discrimination lawsuits; Need to start the change at the top of the organization; Need for individuals to cultivate their own...
- The promotion of healthy eating: food availability and choice in Scottish island communities. McKie, L; Clark, GM; MacLellan, M; Skerratt, S // Health Education Research;Sep1998, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p371
Presents data derived from a participative health needs assessment on the topic of food, diet and health in different islands of the Western Isles of Scotland. Dichotomy between local experiences of food availability; Details of island food cultures; Contents of healthy eating advice; Range of...
- LOOKING UP: FEEDING SENIORS. Schruntek, Walter J. // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p40
Focuses on nutrition issues concerning the aged in the united States. Impact of the graying population on the foodservice industry; Food habits of seniors; Changes in the dietary requirements of the aged.