Mid Year: Fewer menu price increases, labor cuts
- MEALS AT CHILDCARE CENTERS UP 106%: Foodservice in institutions records 28% growth in '90s. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p28
Reports on the sales performance of the food service industry in the United States. Gains in institutional service; Increase sales in child care facilities; Decrease in hospitals sales.
- Re-Engineering a Foodservice Brand. // CSP;Aug2012, p74
The article discusses how to re-engineer a food service brand.
- Services that deliver. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/16/98, Vol. 32 Issue 11, HMR news p32
Focuses on the restaurant delivery services in the United States. Benefits for foodservice operators and their consumers; Menu guides published by the Restaurant Delivery Services Associations and the Takeout Taxi system; Complexity of the delivery business; Mass marketing for restaurants...
- VIEWPOINT: MORE THAN A MEAL. Pond, James // FoodService Director;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p34
Discusses the characteristics of non-commercial food service in the United States. Comparison of non-commercial food service and commercial operations; Nutrition education programs from food service operators; Activities of non-commercial food service operators.
- Cook-to-inventory kitchen still the wave of the future. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;12/07/98, Vol. 32 Issue 49, p16
Focuses on Cini-Little International's survey which determined the percentage of health-care foodservice operations that use the cook-to-inventory kitchen concept. Labor savings and greater control of the production process as the touted benefits of the cook-to-inventory kitchen; Advantages of...
- Operators debate reliability, future of ASPs in the restaurant industry. Martin, Richard // Nation's Restaurant News;11/27/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 48, p51
Focuses on the reliability and forecasted status of application service providers (ASP) discussed during 2000 Foodservice Technology Exposition. Cost of maintaining and updating systems bore by ASP; Encouragement of operators to get contracts that preserve their right to audit the ASP; Support...
- GPO CENSUS: GPOs expand value services for members. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p50
Reports on the increased services offered by group purchasing organizations to food service customers. Increase in the number of dietitians; Nutrition services and assistance in menu planning; Availability of electronic procurement services.
- RESTAURANT ROUND-UP. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/6/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4259, p14
Provides updates on the restaurant industry as of February 6, 2003. Restaurant offered by chef Ray Neve in Teddington, Middlesex; Expansion plan of the Ma Potters restaurant; Sale of the Oxford Arms restaurant.
- LOOKING UP: 'NEW ECONOMICS'. Schruntek, Walter J. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p40
Discusses the economics of the food service industry. Trends in the industry; Expectations of the companies in the industry; Importance of participation rate and service teams.