Two Meals for the Price of One: Michigan schools combine breakfast/lunch pricing
- Focusing on the Whole Student: Final Report on the Massachusetts Wraparound Zones. SPARKS, SARAH D. // Education Week;8/26/2015, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p5
The article discusses a report evaluating an educational policy adopted in Massachusetts called the Wraparound Zones Initiative, under which selected underperforming schools received support and funds to help them provide various kinds of nonacademic support to their students.
- NEW CONCEPT ROTATION IN VA: HENRICO SCHOOLS BOOST BRANDS. // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the increase in sales at Henrico County Public Schools in Virginia since the introduction of several food brands in 2002. Brand recognition; Daily sales of the food brands.
- San Antonio picks up tab for all school meals. Portner, Jessica // Education Week;10/23/96, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the complimentary cuisines offered by the San Antonio public schools in Texas.
- Bridgeport schools offer free breakfast. // FoodService Director;04/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p5
Reports that under Provision 2, Bridgeport Public Schools is offering universal-free breakfast and lunches. Comments from Ed Huff, food service director; Benefits of using Provision 2.
- UNDER PEGGY LEE'S DIRECTION: Controls and standards help Norfolk school catering shine. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p72
Focuses on the catering program of the Norfolk Public Schools in Virginia. Sales of the catering business; Controls and systems established for the catering program; Service variety of the catering program.
- Cart Diplomacy. // Food Management;Jul2011, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p18
The article reports that the Orange County Public Schools Food & Nutrition Services uses food carts and trucks to reach out to students, employees and parents in California.
- 192 self-ops: Chicago schools analyze preplates. // FoodService Director;08/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p8
Reports that now all of the cooking schools of Chicago Public Schools in Illinois has been privatized, the district is planning an analysis of its preplated meals program at 192 remaining self-op schools. Information on Ceres Food Group which provides 40,000 preplated refrigerated meals daily...
- DC schools mulling new type of f/s management. // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p5
Reports that the foodservice department at the District of Columbia Public Schools in Washington, D.C. has proposed a different type of management. Comments from Betti Wiggins, foodservice director; What Wiggins did since she became the director for the district in 1996; Number of students...
- Eating low on the food chain. // Garbage;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the meatless menus designed by the students of the public school system in Dade County, Florida, as part of the `Enviro-Cop' program. Plans of the schools for a district-wide meatless day; Federally-approved meat-free options.