Palm Beach City Schools: Summer program provides free lunch to under-18 kids
- Canteen concern. // Australia's Parents;Apr/May97, Issue 98, p38
Reports on the promotion of healthy food choices for school children in Australia. Obstacles in the efforts to promote healthy foods; Accreditation for a healthy canteen; Available options in promoting health foods.
- Snack Attack. Lawn, John // Food Management;Apr2001, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p16
Focuses on a USDA report criticizing in-school snack and soft drink sales. Competition between nutritional and school foodservice authorities and snack food and soft drink vendors; Other issues associated with in-school availability of 'competitive foods'; Call for additional regulation.
- Burnet CISD free, reduced-price meal policy details given. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);8/22/2012, Vol. 139 Issue 34, p8A
The article presents information on the policy of the Consolidated Independent School District of Burnet, Texas towards the reduction in the prices if meals.
- Study Recommends Overhaul of Oakland's School Food Program. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;2/14/2012, p5
The article presents a study, Rethinking School Lunch in Oakland, California conducted by Oakland's school district which recommended a series of significant changes and upgrades on Oakland's school food program.
- Food for thought. // Teacher Magazine;May/Jun99, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p11
Reports that school districts in Maryland and Virginia are conducting taste-test panels for students regarding lunches served in school cafeterias. Monitoring of items needed to create balanced lunches that students will eat; Benefits of the program.
- Picture of the Week. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/5/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4617, p13
The article presents a photograph of school children eating, along with information on the impact of the quality of school canteens on the eating habits of school children in Great Britain.
- What they like and eat. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p88
Reports on the popular foods in some schools in the United States. Salad-made exhibition-style in the dining room at The School at Church Farm; Family-style meals at the Wooster School in Danbury, Connecticut; Popularity of pizzas at the Desert Sands Unified school district in California.
- DID YOU KNOW? // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;03/12/2001, Vol. 63 Issue 19, p2
Reports on the nutritional value of foods served at public schools in the United States.
- SNACK ATTACK. // Jack & Jill;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p12
An interview with four student taste-testers at Greathouse/Shyrock Traditional Elementary School in Louisville, Kentucky about school food is presented.