In Stork Club Room Service: Roper hospital increases portions, choices for moms
- Rivals turn partners in Charleston. Burda, David // Modern Healthcare;11/21/94, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p4
Reports on the partnership between Roper Hospital and Bon Secours-St. Francis Xavier Hospital of Charleston, South Carolina. Benefits of combining resources; Elimination of competition; Board representation; Antitrust clearance requirement.
- Former Charleston, S.C., rivals open dialogue on affiliation. Burda, David // Modern Healthcare;8/8/94, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p62
Reports on the collaboration between Roper Hospital and Bon Secours-St. Francis Xavier Hospital to form a joint development company. Terms of the agreement; Background on the dispute between the two hospitals; Advantages of the collaboration.
- Longtime rival hospitals in S.C. break unlikely link. Burda, David // Modern Healthcare;8/19/96, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p17
Reports that Roper Hospital and Bon Secours-Saint Francis Xavier Hospital in Charleston, South Carolina are dissolving their partnership after the failure of merger talks. Competition of the hospitals against Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp.; Construction of a replacement hospital by Saint Francis.
- Roper: Jump to SunHealth wasn't tied to bid help. Burda, David // Modern Healthcare;8/28/95, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p18
Reports on the alliance between Roper hospital system in Charleston, South Carolina and SunHealth Alliance Inc. Roper as part of a not-for-profit partnership; Roper's rationale for the alliance; Roper's parent corporation; Key player in the Roper partnership; Comments from Roper's chief...
- Technology notes. // Modern Healthcare;07/10/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 28, p20
Presents information on hospital technology in the United States. Growth of online procurement of medical products; Baxter International's acquisition of North American Vaccine; Roper Hospital's request for a state permission to purchase a positron emission tomography scanner.
- Buffet for new moms. // FoodService Director;6/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the success of the breakfast buffet program designed by Vassar Brothers Medical Center in Poughkeepsie, New York, for labor and delivery patients in its maternity unit. Feedback from the patients; Breakfast offerings of the hospital; Reason for offering breakfast buffet.
- Fla. hospital launches 24-hr., 7-day menus. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the debut of a 24-hours-per-day, 7-days-a-week room service menu to obstetric, labor and delivery patients in Columbia Brandon Regional Medical Center's Women's Center in Brandon, Florida. System features; Menu selections; Room service offerings.
- Boosting the midwives' role . Warden, John // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/23/91, Vol. 303 Issue 6813, p1290
Comments on the process of investigating maternity services by select health committees in Great Britain. Impact of the investigations on professional organization of maternity care; Competition between obstetricians; Reassessment of medical intervention in pregnancy.
- Desert Springs Hospital adding childbirth services. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;03/10/97, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p19
Reports on the opening of the Desert Springs Hospital's maternity center in Las Vegas, Nevada after receiving its license from the state Health Division on March 3, 1997. Background on the hospital; Implications of having obstetric services for the hospital's customers; Other services provided.