`Cooking for Culinarily Challenged': Students learn how to cook at Harvard Univ
- Black Intellectual As Establishmentarian: Henry Louis Gates' Odyssey. Kilson, Martin // Black Scholar;Spring2001, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p14
Focuses on the mobilization of academic institutional resources for either the education of African Americans or the study of patterns that impact the life chances of African Americans in the United States. Scholars who directed African American Studies at Harvard University since 1969;...
- My kingdom for a course. Syrett, Michael // Director (00123242);Apr98, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p91
Presents information as it relates to academic programs being offered at Harvard University. Reference to the importance of good leadership strategies in business; Details on some of the courses which can aid persons in developing leadership skills; Consistency of programs offered by various...
- Predatory Cash Management Policies and Tactics, or The Past and the Present. Eikenberg, Jack // Gourmet Retailer;Oct2001, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p150
Features the class in cash management offered by the Harvard Business School in Boston, Massachusetts. Comments from retail leaders regarding the teachings; Suspension of the course from the curriculum; Generation of operating cash with the use of other people's money.
- Quincy Jones named to Harvard University post. // New York Amsterdam News;3/16/96, Vol. 87 Issue 11, p8
Reports that in honor of Quincy Jones, the Harvard University will conduct a professorship in Afro-American studies, at Harvard University called the Quincy Jones Visiting Professorship of African-American Music. How long the professorship will last; Date of first appointment; Remarks from...
- Bits & pieces. // Planning;Nov93, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p32
Reports on the announcements made by Mercedes-Benz and Harvard University in September and October 1993. Building by Mercedes of a $300 million plant to manufacture four-wheel drive passenger vehicles in Vance, Alabama; Establishment by Harvard of a master in urban planning degree program at...
- Exceptionalism, Harvard, and Theoretical Geography: Prospects for 21st-Century Geography. Menary, John A. // Yearbook of the Association of Pacific Coast Geographers;2013, Vol. 75, p208
Sixty-four years ago, Harvard University decided to close its doors to geography. Central to the decision was a hotly contested dispute over, superficially, "hard" versus "soft" science. The year 2013 marks the sixtieth anniversary of the publication of what some consider to a turning point in...
- Harvard to Add Courses on Women in Politics. // Women in Higher Education (10608303);Aug2012, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the plan of Harvard University in Massachusetts to add two high-level seminar courses on women in politics starting in 2013-2014 school year in response to a student campaign led by student leaders Nadia L. Farjood and Victoria E. Wenger.
- CAN ART BE TAUGHT? Tomkins, Calvin // New Yorker;4/15/2002, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p44
Focuses on the educational system of art classes in Harvard University. Resignation of art teacher Ellen Phelan due to unpleasantness within the faculty; History of the art curriculum in the university; Shortage of funds to buy art materials.
- ROTC Returns to Harvard After 40 Years. // Women in Higher Education (10608303);Apr2011, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p3
The article reports on the return of the U.S. Navy Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) program to Harvard University after a ban for 40 years because of the military's Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy against gays.