Latest Divestiture: Viad Sells-Off Dobbs Intl. SVCS
- Viad Corp. sells Dobbs International to Swissair parent. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;05/31/99, Vol. 33 Issue 22, p18
Focuses on Viad Corp.'s decision to divest its airline caterer Dobbs International Services Inc. to SwissAir Group. Estimated value of the stock deal; Chance for Viad Corp. to reallocate its assets into high-growth companies; Goal of paring down some of its debt.
- Trade show colossus forms. Bertrand, Kate // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Nov95, Vol. 80 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the merger of Exhibitgroup Inc. and Giltspur Inc. Federal Trade Commission's approval of Exhibitgroup's acquisition of Giltspur; Total annual revenues; Services rendered; Number of employees; Exhibitgroup's purchase of Displaymasters and Deaton Museum Services.
- Viad got $780m payout in sale of Dobbs catering. // Nation's Restaurant News;08/02/99, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p12
Reveals the amount received by Viad Corp. from the sale of its airline-catering business, Dobbs International Service, to SAirGroup of Zurich. Implication of the sale; Allocation of the sale's proceeds; Major subsidiaries of Viad.
- Swissair Strengthens EU Partnerships. Sparaco, Pierre // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/8/1999, Vol. 150 Issue 6, p73
Reports that SAir Group, Swissair's parent company, will acquire a major stake in AOM, a French independent carrier, to further strengthen the Swiss carrier's assets in the European Union (EU). Terms of the agreement; Other partnerships and acquisitions of Swissair.
- US giant buys Sheffield firm. // Marketing Event;May99, p10
Reports that SDD Exhibitions, the Sheffield stand design agency, has been bought by United States exhibition company Exhibitgroup/Giltspur. Executive who will stay with the company as consultant; Reason for Exhibitgroup's acquisitions.
- LTU, Thomas Cook/Carlson deals speed charter shakeout. Taverna, Michael A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/23/1998, Vol. 149 Issue 21, p36
Reports on two merger agreements involving firms in Germany, Switzerland and Great Britain, which are expected to accelerate the consolidation of the European leisure travel market. Swiss-based SAirGroup's acquisition of a 49.9% stake in Germany's LTU Group; Merger between German bank...
- Glacier Park, Inc. Announces Substantial Investment In The West Glacier Area. // National Parks Traveler;7/3/2014, p1
The article reports that Glacier Park Inc. (GPI), a subsidiary of the place-based marketing services provider Viad Corp., has announced to make investments in the Glacier Park region with its decision to purchase several businesses and land in the West Glacier and Apgar areas in Montana. GPI...
- Dobbs Intl. merges airport kitchens. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/02/96, Vol. 30 Issue 47, p18
Reports on Dobbs International's consolidation of its two kitchens at San Francisco International Airport into a catering facility. Expected date of completion of the facility.
- Dobbs Intl. pays $6.9M settlement. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/25/96, Vol. 30 Issue 46, p2
Reports that Dobbs International Services Inc. has agreed to pay $6.9 million to pay allegations that it has overcharged airlines at Charlotte/Douglas International Airport from 1984 through 1995.