Strong Vegan Influence at Portland State Univ.: Changing Student Drives Menu
- Setting the mood for food. // FoodService Director;9/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the efforts of Aramark School Support Services to provide new concepts for school cafeterias in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Information on several concepts that are segmented for school type; Percentage of students who are not regular user of school cafeterias according to a 2004...
- Campus composts. // FoodService Director;11/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the launch of a program in which everything from food to tableware was designed to be recycled as compost by the Portland State University in Oregon. Dubbed as A Midnight Breakfast, the program aims to educate students about recycling and composting. The university uses...
- inbrief. // Food Management;Aug2007, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p22
The article offers news briefs related to nutrition education programs of schools in the U.S. The University of Tennessee agreed to a five-year contract deal with Sodexho to manage the operations of its athletic venues beginning 2007. The University of Michigan-Dearborn introduced a series of...
- School Support Services teaches kids about nutrition. Walkup, Carolyn // Nation's Restaurant News;8/18/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 33, p70
Provides corporate background on the food service management provider Aramark School Support Service in the U.S. Estimates on the number of school districts contracting with Aramark; Overview on the nutrition awareness program of the company; Projected business growth.
- Food-services firm serves up deficit to R.I. districts. Richardson, Joanna // Education Week;5/10/95, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p3
Reports on the financial losses incurred by food-services firm Aramark School Nutrition Services hired to provide school-lunch programs in Rhode Island in 1993. Estimated number of students served by the company; Terms under agreement with schools.
- Aramark plays role in helping police in Utah manhunt. // Nation's Restaurant News;06/22/98, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p23
Reports that foodservice provider Aramark School Support Services helped feed law enforcement officers who came to Utah to look for suspects in the killing of a police officer in Cortez, Colorado. Manhunt for suspects that resulted in evacuation of residents in Bluff, Utah; Estimated number of...
- MARKET MATTERS. // FoodService Director;6/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p6
This article offers news briefs in the food service industry. Findings from Aramark's Nutritional DiningStyles research states that an average American weighs 188.3 pounds, an increase of 2.5 pounds from 2005. Amerinet has acquired the group purchasing assets of Vector, which previously had been...
- Next Month: Tucson switches to ARAMARK. // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p2
Announces that Marana Unified School District near Tucson, Arizona has chosen ARAMARK to manage its food services. Plans of ARAMARK for the school district; Expected annual participation; Description of the customized programs.
- NEW CONTRACT SCOREBOARD. // FoodService Director;9/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p16
Presents information on the customer base of several contracts in the U.S. food service industry as of September 15, 2004. Compass Group of Charlotte, North Carolina and Home Depot Center of Los Angeles, California; Brock & Co. of Malvern, Pennsylvania and MediMedia of Yardley, Pensylvannia;...