Sales Jump 20%: 4 new brand stations lift counts at Conn. newspaper
- Hartford targets 50-plus market. // Editor & Publisher;1/1/94, Vol. 127 Issue 1, p55
Reports on the age range of adults targeted for the tabloid `Good Life' of the `Hartford Courant'.
- Buyouts accepted at Hartford Courant. // Editor & Publisher;10/14/95, Vol. 128 Issue 41, p3
Reports that `Hartford Courant' newspaper has accepted 188 employees into its voluntary buyout plan. Percentage of the employees accepted into the program to leave the newspaper by mid-October 1995.
- Adoption ad law under examination. // Editor & Publisher;11/27/93, Vol. 126 Issue 48, p28
Reports on the `Hartford Courant's efforts to sort out a legislation concerning adoption advertising that may conflict with existing laws. Provisions from the Connecticut law regarding the rights to advertise for an adoption; Legality of private-party adoptions; Availability of adoption ads in...
- Sorry, Tom. // Time;4/26/1993, Vol. 141 Issue 17, p15
Cites the apology of the Hartford, Conn. `Courant,' on the 250th anniversary of Thomas Jefferson's birth: `It's never too late to admit a mistake.' An 1800 `Courant' editorial opposed the election of Jefferson as president saying, `Murder, robbery, rape, adultery and incest will openly be...
- Patriotism, Hartford-style. Neuwirth, Robert // Editor & Publisher;11/28/98, Vol. 131 Issue 48, p6
Reports that `Hartford Courant' newspaper has published a 12,000-copy special edition on November 18, 1998 touting the state's deal to bring the Patriots football team to Connecticut. Estimated sales of the special edition newspaper.
- Courant ups price. // Editor & Publisher;5/20/95, Vol. 128 Issue 20, p3
Reports on the increase in the price of `Hartford Courant' newspaper's seven-day home delivery.
- Bigger Courant. // Editor & Publisher;1/21/95, Vol. 128 Issue 3, p29
Reports on the launch of a weekly digest in 14-point bold type by the `Hartford Courant' newspaper. Average number of pages; Subscription fee for a year; Provision for readers with vision problems.
- Hartford Courant goes online. Cohen, Jodi B. // Editor & Publisher;3/9/96, Vol. 129 Issue 10, p36
Announces the World Wide Web site of the `Hartford Courant' newspaper.
- 300 opt for buyouts. // Quill;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p6
Looks at 300 employees of the `Hartford Courant' having applied for buyouts. Information on Courant.