New Specialty Bars Debut: AT&T Sets F/S Growth at Middletown, NJ, Unit
- AT&T stock slump `over'. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p12
Reports on AT&T's decision to offer stock options to more staff as a way to boost the company's morale and stock prices. Attempt to better compete with Lucent Technologies; Timing with the resignation of the company's chief operating officer John Walter.
- AT&T to concentrate on local service. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p17
Reports that AT&T Corp. will focus on local service. Sale of several divisions of the company; Cost-cutting plans of the company.
- AT&T pictures big interest in VideoPhone. Fitzgerald, Kate // Advertising Age;6/29/92, Vol. 63 Issue 26, p33
Offers a look at AT&T's VideoPhone, the first mass-marketed telephone that allows callers to see each other in full-color video as they converse. Waiting lists for the new devise despite the cost and the few technical drawbacks; Available for sampling at AT&T stores; Television and print...
- The Walter hatchet. // Business News New Jersey;3/31/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p2
Reports on the announcement of AT&T of plans to cut 800 jobs across New Jersey. Saving of $60 million a year; Areas to be affected by the cuts; Executives' work on budget cutting.
- AT&T building second pop here. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/30/93, Vol. 14 Issue 22, p8A
Reports on AT&T's construction of a point-of-presence (POP) facility in Carmel to ensure uninterrupted long-distance service for customers in Indianapolis, Indiana. Completion of project in 1994; Location of long distance lines; Protection from cable cuts and natural disasters.
- New AT&T job security plans. // Monthly Labor Review;Sep92, Vol. 115 Issue 9, p44
Reports that negotiators for AT&T and its two major unions, the Communications Workers and Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, ended a collective bargaining standoff recently with agreement on a three-year labor contract. Covers approximately 125,000 workers nationwide; Details of the...
- AT&T sweetens work force cuts with management buyout. McCarthy, Shira // Telephony;11/20/95, Vol. 229 Issue 21, p14
Reports on AT&T Corp.'s offering of buyout packages to axed managers in an effort to soften the blow of its first slash into its workforce. Buyout plan to provide a lump payment ranging from five to 35 weeks of salary, based on manager's age and service time; Provision of reimbursement for...
- AT&T tests dial-up Internet service. // Telephony;11/20/95, Vol. 229 Issue 21, p14
Reports on AT&T Corp.'s announcement that its WorldNet dial-up Internet service is undergoing trials in preparation for commercial rollout in the first quarter of 1996. Provision of Internet access for residential and business users.
- AT&T fills in the blanks. Guy, Sandra // Telephony;11/27/95, Vol. 229 Issue 22, p10
Reports on new executive appointments for AT&T Corp.'s equipment spinoff company. Responsibilities of the new executives.