LOWDOWN ON THE SLOWDOWN
- Digital winners and losers. Reid, Alasdair // Campaign;09/25/98, Issue 39, European Media p4
Focuses on the advent of digital television on pan-European television stations, including Music Television (MTV) and Eurosport. Concerns of international broadcasters; Reference to the advent of satellite television; Information on Superchannel, which was the leader in British broadcasting;...
- No more embarrassment as ITV finally enters the digital world. Snoddy, Raymond // Marketing (00253650);11/22/2001, p20
Comments on the entry of ITV into the digital satellite in Great Britain. Cost to be prepared for the development of digital services; Retail price of the free-to-air package; Plans to increase the number of subscribers.
- Just do it. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/31/94, Vol. 124 Issue 44, p70
Editorial. Comments on the entry of digital television via DBS. Impact of talks about the high-definition television on broadcasters; Difficulties encountered with the set-top box; Extra channel as a way to digital for broadcasters.
- Cable nets do digital. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/01/97, Vol. 127 Issue 49, p6
Presents information on the unveiling of digital cable networks by Music Television Networks (MTVN) and Lifetime Television, two cable television networks. Details on MTVN's two music networks; Information on a seven-pack of video services called `The Suite'; Comments from Geraldine Laybourne,...
- Advertisers advised to prepare for widescreen. // Marketing Week;6/25/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p12
Reports that advertisers are being warned that campaigns must be shot to fit widescreen digital television, by ITV company. What could possibly happen if campaigns are not shot to fit these televisions; When ITV is expected to start broadcasting in both analogue and digital formats; Comments by...
- Puppy Love. Kuchinskas, Susan // Brandweek;03/15/99, Vol. 40 Issue 11, Interactive Quarterly p4
Reports on the launch of the Internet/television media, thepuppychannel.com. What The Puppy Channel will offer; People behind the concept.
- ITV's digital sister tries fresh approach to woo advertisers. Reid, Alasdair // Campaign;11/13/98, Issue 46, p20
Presents information on ITV2, ITV network's digital channel scheduled to be launched on December 7, 1998. Comment from Steve Platt, the managing director of Carlton UK Sales; Overview of the channel's operation; Comments on the move.
- Court gives DF1 the go-ahead. Hils, Miriam // Variety;2/3/97, Vol. 366 Issue 1, p34
Reports that a district court in Hamburg, Germany, has granted Munich-based DF1 to market and sell digital television subscriptions in Germany. Case background.
- A&E's future is history. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;10/26/98, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p6
Reports on Arts & Entertainment (A&E) Networks' decision to move forward with its plans to enter the digital television age. Launch of two services in mid-November 1998 on Tele-Communications Inc.'s Headend in the Sky digital television service; Other cable networks that have created digital...